A pipe dream?

Just bought it. Bigger than I wanted, but otherwise exactly what I wanted. $2230.64 cad after tax and shipping.

With HDR… can I just turn that on in the game options on a per game basis? or do I have to turn it on in windows making everything in windows look fucked up because Microsoft can’t be bothered to make windows look right in hdr?

Jesus christ

2 Likes

And while I’m making it rain… I’m throwing this in too:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07KB1RFPW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You need a 20 series card to get higher than 120hz @ 2160p.

You won’t regret it. I love my 2080 ti

In the HD color settings it gives you a handy slider so your normal desktop use doesn’t look awful. Then in games that support it you turn it on in the game settings. The only bummer is screenshots and such in game look awful when you go to look at them later.

I guess Acer makes a similar model to that Asus one but it’s also 43"

I have to move my tower off the desk now since I went 10" over what I wanted. Also have to figure out a distance solution for kb+m games.

The place I bought the monitor from says they won’t have stock till the end of September (they haven’t charged my card yet). Do you have a link to the acer one?

Yessir

Wait, you have that one?

No I have the 27 inch one or something. He wanted a biggie with certain specs so that’s what I showed him.

I thought you had the asus garbage…ohhhh

Haha I have this one

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CWDBL39/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_ZnZmmmyXkCbeA

Why is it more expensive than the one you posted above lol

Hmm, unless I missed it, doesn’t seem to do freesync. I need it to do everything this monitor does but also free sync for ps5.

Ehhhhhhhhhh doesn’t the screen tearing appear when you run the game with more framerates than the monitor can refresh those framerates? I’m nearly 700000% sure you won’t see even a tiny bit of tearing with the monitor regardless if the PS5 supports Async, freesync or gsync.

Because the one there is a used one sold by a third party on Amazon. All of those are rip offs. I guess they sold out of the new ones on Amazon and rolled the posting to third party seller trash.

1 Like

In worst case scenario, you can connect the PS5 with a type C cable and enjoy 60Hz only gaming :man_shrugging: