AMD Crimson ReLive drivers benchmarked RX 480 8GB.

It had been a while since I updated my AMD drivers on the work PC:
0_1482186873626_Shinobi Speccy.JPG
I think the last time they were updated was when I purchased the RX480, due to the death of my battered HD 7850. Based on what I can tell it was July?

So with the release of the latest driver package I thought now’s as good an opportunity as ever to compare whether there’s been improvements or degradation. I admit that this is not the most scientific, nor precise set of benchmarks (as I was limited to the games & applications I had installed on my PC) and that there is also likely to be a limiting factor with the CPU happening in some of the benchmarks, also being limited to DX11 may only tell half the story. Even so I provide to you some pictures & numbers & stuff.

Firestrike
existing driver:

ReLive Driver:

FireStrike Extreme
existing driver:

ReLive Driver:

Tomb Raider
I actually ran this in both Ultra & Ultimate settings (effectively Tress FX on/off)

existing driver:
Ultra

Ultimate
ReLive Driver:
Ultra
Ultimate

Rise of the Tomb Raider
I ran in both high & very high settings

existing driver:
High

Very High

ReLive Driver:
High

Very High:

Unigine Heaven
existing driver:

ReLive Driver:

Unigine Valley
existing driver:

ReLive Driver:

Alien:Isolation

So with the inbuilt benchmarking tool for the “hiding in cupboards” simulator I achieved the following results with
1920x1080, VSync off, 16x AF, SMAA T1x

existing driver:

ReLive Driver: 0_1482189301588_AI RX480 post result.JPG

TL:DR or Final Thoughts

So overall through the games & benchmarks I had on hand there were a few gains and some static results/back sliding. the most gains were achieved in the newest game (Rise of the Tomb Raider) and the less intense Fire Strike benchmark.

I’m interested to see if the R9 Nano also shows some improvements with the new ReLive Driver, but probably my biggest excitement would be whether the utilisation of Chill & Wattman could help relieve the thermal throttling that plagues the card.

Seems like your CPU hates you and dragging the synthetics down. Considering it is DX11, I would say RX 480 is a good buy.

1 Like

Kind of on topic, but not. I LOVE the ReLive capture tool. It works so well!

1 Like