Any hockey fans here?

Ub6 said in Any hockey fans here?:

In the middle of a “retool”… idiots in the front office. (shakes head while face palming) but will always cheer for the team.

http://i.imgur.com/nqRNYx8.jpg

Who they heck is that?

1 Like

Chilly Knights all the way!!!

Thats my fantasy team. :slight_smile:

I’ve been in a fantasy hockey league that has ran for well over 10 years, probably more around the 15 yr mark now. Its really really cool, the guy that does it actually has a trophy, like the Stanley Cup, and just like the real thing, when you win the championship, the previous year winner sends the trophy back to him, he gets your team name and year engraved on it in the next spot, then sends the trophy to you, and you get to keep it on your mantle for the next year. (or more if you win!)

I have won it three times. Which is REALLY crazy simply because I have never watched a real hockey game in my life.

Thats right, I just originally joined the league to be canon fodder, and everyone else is die hard hockey fans, but I end up competing near the top every year. I’ve learned a little about the game through this, and I know players names now, but still have never watched a game, and don’t have a clue what most of the scoring categories actually are. They tell me that the reason I do so well is because since I don’t watch it, I have absolutely no allegiances or favorites, and I just go on pure statistics.

So anyway, I guess this year I"m pulling for Buffalo Sabres and New York Islanders, because thats which goalies I have. Last week the Islander guy got me two shutouts! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Polekatt You are doing well then, I tried fantasy football but I am just not good with numbers.

Sir_diealot See now that just goes to show that you are not really a hockey fan, but just a Sabres fan. A true fan would know all the teams just by their logo. :wink:

2 Likes

Ub6 maybe he just ignores the Canadian ones :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Sir_diealot said in Any hockey fans here?:

In the middle of a “retool”… idiots in the front office. (shakes head while face palming) but will always cheer for the team.

Who they heck is that?

Vancouver Canucks!

2 Likes

ShiftySatchmo I guess I would too if they were all ahead of my team. :wink:

Just having some fun there Steven. :smiley: Nothing personal.

2 Likes

Sir_diealot Been a Detroit Red Wings fan since I was a child. My dad is a Sabres fan. My family lives in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) but it was cheaper for my Grampa to go to Sabre games when my dad was a kid. When I was growing up my dads only rule was that I could like any team besides the Leafs. Latched on to the Wings as a kid which now that I’m older I’m glad I liked a team that is relatively close since I’ve gone to a hand full of wing games in my life (about a 3 hour drive). Sabres use to be my team in the east but now that Detroit is back in the east I can’t say that anymore lol. I like them since they are my dads team but I’m a wings fan through and through.

1 Like

Not that this should be a surprise to anyone, but GO BRUINS!

2 Likes

LetsGetIt1220 haha I like them too, but when I moved from Boston to Sacramento I decided to focus on the Sharks instead.

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo Haha, I just stick with all New England teams, makes life easier! Was also brought up on them from my Dad and luckily they’ve all been fairly decent in my lifetime :wink:

I used to follow the sharks when I was young as i liked their logo. As long as it’s not a New York team, I’ll allow the following of them :smiley:

2 Likes

Sir_diealot See now that just goes to show that you are not really a hockey fan, but just a Sabres fan. A true fan would know all the teams just by their logo. :wink:

It just does not look familiar to me at all. I know football far more than hockey for sure but I love hockey as well.

MyLifeForAiur I have always been a Sabres fan, grew up in a town half and hour from Buffalo. My dad played pro football with the Giants for a season so we were much more a football family. Somehow my older sister, my cousin and I wound up hockey fans as well, but we are the only ones. I just like the Pens because they are from the same town as my beloved STEELERS.

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo said in Any hockey fans here?:

Sir_diealot said in Any hockey fans here?:

Who they heck is that?

Vancouver Canucks!

Did they change that logo? Does not look right to me.

LetsGetIt1220 said in Any hockey fans here?:

Not that this should be a surprise to anyone, but GO BRUINS!

Our arch rivals, hate them with a passion!

1 Like

Sir_diealot Tis all good! We hate you guys too :smiley:

2 Likes

Kings made it 5 in a row today. Trying to sneak in to those playoffs still! :slight_smile:

Budaj of all people now leads the league in shutouts.

Edit; Also hockey related… I recently made some car skins for Automobilista of Pacific Division NHL teams because I was bored and wanted to learn how to do it + learn Photoshop some (been using GIMP for a decade). Pacific was all I could manage during the Photoshop 7-day free trial. Check em out if you’re bored;

1 Like

My Sabres are not doing anything to help themselves get in. That looks nice.

2 Likes

Sir_diealot at least you’re not a fan of the avalanche

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo said in Any hockey fans here?:

Sir_diealot at least you’re not a fan of the avalanche

Never! I was born and raised in the surrounding Buffalo area but they are the only NY based team I like. My dad played for the NY Giants but I am not a fan of theirs either. Plus lets face facts, NY only has one NFL team and it is the Bills so to me the Giants and Jets should not even have NY in their names.

1 Like