Arizona Sunshine (VR Game) features Hardware Locked Content

Hardware locked content. Quick hide this, so EA doesn’t see this!

1 Like

Well that didn’t take long. The story is already updated with that they quickly unlocked the modes once this story caught fire. Good to hear the broke down quickly but who the heck thought it was a good idea to begin with!? And they didn’t even announce that it was the case, so it wasn’t like they were even promoting the particular CPUs. People noticed and found out about it themselves haha. Hopefully that’s a quick lesson learned and nobody attempts to repeat it. I always figured we’d get a nVidia exclusive game (not just features, but full game) some day but never even crossed my mind there would be CPU specific stuff lol.

schlitty My guess, they are either insanely Intel i3, 5, 7 generation fanboys or they are paid by Intel to do that nonsense xD
If hardware locked content ever happens in the future, that would be insane. Consoles will completely rule the gaming world and every single person will game on consoles. Why? Because a lot of people wouldn’t have time nor money to deal with that kind of bullshit. I mean, there is no chance that I would buy a ~$400 CPU just to play a game because it’s locked on that CPU. Same goes for GPUs.

1 Like

I think the story roughly goes that they have a partnership with Intel and the devs consistently recommended the specific i7’s during the making of the game. They included the extra game modes as a “surprise” to those who listened to their recommendation. Who knows whose idea that was to begin with, but somewhere along the line they didn’t have the foresight to see and realize it was locked content not ‘surprise’ content. Hopefully lesson learned!

1 Like