ASUS support

Boy do I like their products, but hot damn their support is annoying to deal with.

My monitor died on December 1st (it made a weird sound like a monitor turning on every few seconds, and smelled like burning electronics). I opened a case with them, and it got escalated to their safety manager or something. I finally got in touch with her and got the RMA authorization on December 8th. The annoying part is that it only has a shipping label, so I had to pay for a box / shipping material. Luckily that was only $20. I also have to wait for them to receive and test my monitor before they send me a new one…

Anywho, just wanted to vent a bit about how much I hate working with support. I just want cross ship for everything.

teh_g Never had to send something in to them but they were very decent helping me figure out how to get the proper bios and what have you to update my motherboad so it would work right. Which monitor?

sir_diealot said in ASUS support:

teh_g Never had to send something in to them but they were very decent helping me figure out how to get the proper bios and what have you to update my motherboad so it would work right. Which monitor?

MG279Q

1 Like

teh_g said in ASUS support:

MG279Q

Okay the reason I am asking is I am thinking hard on this one and now with the surgery I will have longer to save up.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236717

1 Like

sir_diealot I nearly choked at the price on that lol

1 Like

gorkie Yea it is pretty up there but has incredible reviews on most sites I have checked though there can be some white bleed in the corners though those were in older reviews.

sir_diealot I personally hate curved monitors, but that is me. I like having two screens as well, so I have two of the 1440p 27" monitors (one Asus and one Benq)

teh_g I do not mind them at all and there is no bezel in the way.

Finally received my replacement monitor. I have had bad luck with these 1440p monitors, both have been RMA’d at least once…

2 Likes