August 2018 -- Changelog

I had to make another change to get the image uploads to work better, stronger, and faster.

The notifications seem to come significantly later than the actual posts. Even if you’ve already viewed the post in question.

I know right now it is basically processing every post and changing the URL of images that have been uploaded, so that is likely making every other task take longer (assuming the notification thing is happening right now)

It is. About a ~5 minute delay. The notification even still shows up when I’ve already seen the post.

File uploads work, they just aren’t displaying properly right now. I’m working on it.

Phew, images are now properly coming in from the new fancy “uploads.gamingexodus.com” domain. In theory this will cut load times for images uploaded to our fancy server here.

I’m not 100% sure about this. It might have been due to my tinkering with the CDN. I had it (on accident) where everything was being processed through Cloudflare, which might have slowed down notification updates to you. Let me know if it continues.

In six days we’ve only added ~6MB in files.

You can probably ignore the count, it makes optimized versions of things.

I swear I only upload/link imgur libraries 99% of the time for my gamer challenge since the change :smiley: Funnies topic is the main reason for that count :smiley:

The storage only costs $5 a month up to 250 GB, so we have a bit before we get there.

1 Like

Can you tell me how much you pay monthly for all of this?

I actually LOWERED my cost by moving to this. I had another thing that was $49 a month I got rid of.

Let’s see, monthly it is:
$10 – DigitalOcean server (main box hosting things)
$5 – DigitalOcean Spaces (hosts images now)
$10 – Cloudflare CDN stuff

Then $12 a year for the domain name.

1 Like

Good to know. I’ll probably soon give some money to make your life easier. Sucks that you are paying for all of this on your own.

1 Like

No worries, I’m happy to do so. I’m lucky enough that it isn’t a burden by any means to pay for. It also gives me an excuse to tinker with things like web servers and hosting :smiley:

I’d rather you donate money to charity instead. So if you were going to give money to me, donate it to something like AbleGamers.

2 Likes

Likewise, @Katsuo, you can donate the money to me.

Why not both mmmm

1 Like

Never :*

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: “first quote” badge appearing more than once

I made another change that should make things faster again. Basically just tweaking how long Cloudflare keeps images in their edge network.

I want the count of Cached Requests to go higher!

Awesome, the change I made is working. Images are being cached in Cloudflare for one week now. You can see the higher counts of cached requests.

1 Like

Upgraded Discourse.

2 Likes