Best MMO to Play Solo?

I like MMOs sometimes, but I can’t really keep a consistent schedule to have a regular group to play them with.

Are there any good no monthly subscription MMOs out there for a solo artist, such as myself? I dont mind paying a single base fee for a game, I just can’t play consistently enough to justify monthly fees.

I like Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2, but I feel like trying something new. Thanks! -Andrew

ShiftySatchmo I would say The Old Republic :smiley: It is totally free, but you can subscribe as well, your choice. It has some limitations, such as smaller inventory, you can’t equip epic and higher gear, you get your mount later etc. But don’t worry, I maxed out my first character on a free account and I got the entire story and SW universe feeling without any disgusting limit.

1 Like

ButtStallion cool, and it was fine alone? Not boring or impossible?

ShiftySatchmo If you play it alone, it is like the first two KotOR games. Only action, story, companions and a lot of conversations :smiley: I always played it alone, sometimes I teamed up with strangers to loot some epic gear, but not during the story line. I think this is my favourite MMO because you can play it alone, has an awesome story with dubbed conversations. If you like the game, the “DLC stories” only available for subscribed members.

1 Like

And I love this trailer :smiley: We need an Old Republic movie :smiley:

https://youtu.be/YdgmH9Vv2-I

1 Like

ButtStallion I loved the KOTOR games so it issss tempting. Might as well try it.

1 Like

The Elder Scrolls Online. It’s a great MMO and it’s currently really cheap. As far as I know, you don’t have to party with other people to advance through storyline. There aren’t many MMOs that are solo friendly haha

2 Likes

ShiftySatchmo The Secret World.

Its probably the most original and interesting MMO out there, as far as storyline. If you are not familiar with what its about, it is set in modern day, our world, but the premise is that every urban legend and conspiracy theory that you have ever heard of is true. It is a crazy mix of typical MMO hack and slash, with puzzles that you actually have to go out to the real internet and look up real websites to solve.

I played the ENTIRE base game solo, at my own pace, and had a blast. The base game is on the “end of autumn take my money” steam sale right now for $8.99 and you don’t have to play anything else, unless you want the DLCs.

Katsuo I haven’t got around to it yet, but I’m hoping my new 1070 will fix all the issues I had with running ESO, and I can actually play that one!

1 Like

Elite Dangerous.

2 Likes

Polekatt The Secret World is actually in the current Humble Bundle thing. You can get it for around 5 bucks. Maybe even lower. Didn’t check the prices of Tier 2.
TESO was extremely bad at launch day. It was basically unfinished and it received a lot of negative reviews from players. After the overhaul, the game is completely different, in a positive way. Check it out as soon as possible haha

1 Like

I’d also vote for Old Republic. That game had an awesome story.

1 Like

Sgt_T8ie said in Best MMO to Play Solo?:

Elite Dangerous.

I have that but haven’t been in the mood

ShiftySatchmo said in Best MMO to Play Solo?:

Sgt_T8ie said in Best MMO to Play Solo?:

Elite Dangerous.

I have that but haven’t been in the mood

Exactly the same here. It’s a game I know I could sit down & loose myself in. The problem is that I just don’t feel like doing that.