ButtStallion - September Gamer Challenge

Finished Stellaris on normal difficulty with achievements and ironman. Because you get achievements only if you play on default settings and without saves. First I thought this is bshit, but now i get it. You need a lot of time (4-5 hours) to start to know the mechanics behind the game, but after that it is an awesome game. I played a multiplayer game with my brother and some friends before the single. I learned everything about it during that match while the AI destroyed us. In my singleplayer run, everything went better and managed to win. I am a big Imperium Galactica fan…this is almost the same, just more modern and newer. Big replay opportunity, already started a customised species i created. I feel i am going to spend most of my time with Stellaris in the next months. My rating is 9,5/10. All hail the Humble Monthly, awesome choice.
Oh, and I managed to get my rarest achievement with Stellaris, so good job :smiley:

0_1504402504506_NVIDIA Share_2017-09-03_03-33-55.png

Screenshots:

Looks pretty.

Finished Wolfenstein The Old Blood on hard difficulty. Awesome action as always. Loved every minute of it. Now I really want Wolfenstein 2. Also almost found every nightmare “retro” level in the game. Sadly I missed one in chapter 2. That level design and music was epic, really oldschool :smiley: Thanks for Alex for the game he gave me nearly 18 months ago. Yes, I have a pretty big waiting list with games :stuck_out_tongue: But better late then never :smiley:
Score: 8/10

1 Like

Finished Fallout 4. Was there any difficulty options in the game? I dont know, went with standard I suppose. I dont know as well if I love this game or hate it. First, the bugs, the crap optimisation…I had difficult times to run this game on a gtx 1070…In the open, sometimes I had to restart the game, because I got 7-8 fps and could not solve it. But when it worked it was fine. I liked the beginning of the game, the story, the revange campaign. I did a lot of if not every side quests I was able to find myself without any help from the internet. But they soon started to get pretty boring, fetch missions, stupid settlement management, building climbing for the third time etc. Went with the Railroad people, because I love synths and robots, but sad I had to defeat the Institute for that…not sad, illogical. Just shot down enemy robots and take the place ffs. Destroying the most advanced researchs with a bomb, congrats. Stupid mole people :smiley: Played throught half the game with a super sledge and power armor, it was waaay tooo overpowered. Finished the game with 200+ radaways and stimpacks. Only used an upgraded legendary sniper revolver for ranged any other was moved in the stash the first time I went back to town.
After all this and 49 hours gameplay, I can give the game a 7/10.
I dont have any DLCs but I dont really feel the need to come back to this game. Once, it was great…maybe in the next decade :smiley:

And here comes a loooot of screenshots (More on Steam):

“You are uploading too fast, wait 45 minutes” :smiley:

3 Likes

buttstallion Hahaha, I haven’t seen the upload error before!

We are using imgur since it is free, so they probably have some upload limit. I can look into something else if it causes issues for people.

1 Like

I don’t know why but Fallout games for me were always meh looking for me. Same goes with TES games.

1 Like

teh_g No need. I probably reached a limit, because I got some error code twice so I could not upload every pic all at once. So I had to try upload 15-20 pics for 3 times and I got this error message for the 4th time :smiley: I can wait…but this amount is good as well, no need for more spoilers :smiley:

katsuo I dont like TES games. Fallout 2 and 3 was okay, a decent, good RPG game. But this is sooo arcade I rarely used this time stop VATS because it aimed worse then me with a mouse. All the rpg in this game is some points you can spend on talens. The end.

buttstallion said in ButtStallion - September Gamer Challenge:

teh_g No need. I probably reached a limit, because I got some error code twice so I could not upload every pic all at once. So I had to try upload 15-20 pics for 3 times and I got this error message for the 4th time :smiley: I can wait…but this amount is good as well, no need for more spoilers :smiley:

Way to ruin it for everyone!

JK, I think the limit is something on the forum end. You have to upload 1250 uploads in a day, or 125 uploads in an hour to cause a rate limit :smiley:

Edit: One way to get around it is manually uploading an album to imgur and linking to it.

And here comes another one. Finished Half-Life 2 the 187th time if I count correctly. Maybe this is why it is on my top 3 favourite games of all time list. But this is the first time I completed the game with the final version of the Cinematic Mod. (More about that here: https://gamingexodus.com/topic/2564/half-life-2-cinematic-mod-final )
The difficulty was epic, I never reloaded the game so much. You need 6 rocket for a gunship, 9 to a strider. The final chapters were haaardcoooore. Do I have to say anything else? Everybody knows the game, the story, no spoiler alerts just a lot of cool screenshots with the mod. My only problem with the mod was that there were time when it was way too dark. But well, the mod’s creators said they wanted to give the HL2 trilogy a more stressed, darker and uncomfortable look. They managed. The base game is 9,8, the mod is 9,5 :smiley:

I have to stop spamming screenshots…

1 Like

buttstallion If you’re gonna mod something, fine, but for them to add stuff like the spray paint thing, changing the tone of what half-life is, that is lame. It’s not an F bomb type of game, but they felt the need to turn it into one.

1 Like

Aaaaaand another one :smiley: A short, but great experience. Finished The Turing Test. 5,5 hours according to Steam without help. Sometimes spent half an hour with one puzzle, sometimes run through an entire section. Fun little game, nothing more. A less expensive and complex Portal game. The game has some interesting points during the game, human and robot relationships, who is better, are computers sentient etc. My only problem with the game was that the difficulty did not raise as you completed more levels. Just randomly giving you sometimes too easy, sometimes ( not hard ) time comsuming puzzles. Score: 6/10

0_1506345167839_Steam_2017-09-25_14-43-16.png

1 Like

Probably my last game in September. I think I did not even finish this many games in the last 9 months than in September :laughing:
Finished The Banner Saga on normal, because I had no idea what this game is, just saw some screenshots and everyone said it is great. Well, it is really great. I loved it. The visual design, the gameplay, the lot of reading, the choices, the story, the fight system…I am glad I already have the second episode in my library, installing it in this moments. The problem with this type of games usually is that hard to find a real answer I want in a conversation, but this game nailed it. I am curious about the next one and how the story continues. Score: 8/10

0_1506782817884_Steam_2017-09-30_16-40-31.png

1 Like