Comcast adding a "data cap" in many more states

If they were more up front about why they are doing this, I’d be less annoyed…

I don’t even get it how are they supposed to make money with this.

Katsuo said in Comcast adding a "data cap" in many more states:

I imagine some people will pay $50 extra for the unlimited one when they don’t need it.

The biggest annoyance for me is that the cost is not largely different for them. It is also super odd that higher speed packages don’t get a higher cap…

teh_g said in Comcast adding a "data cap" in many more states:

I imagine some people will pay $50 extra for the unlimited one when they don’t need it.

The biggest annoyance for me is that the cost is not largely different for them. It is also super odd that higher speed packages don’t get a higher cap…

But then again, some people will stop using their service because well, the data cap. Even if they don’t even use up the 1TB/month. I just can’t see how is this a win situation for them. xD
Maybe they started to hate money so they decided to make some people angry? xD
Or maybe they are planning to implement even higher speed packages later on to the loyal customers!!

Never go “full Konami”! XD

Rogers did this for the longest time. Now they’re just on the tail end of phasing out caps.

What really needs to go is the caps on mobile data.

1 Like

But then again, some people will stop using their service because well, the data cap. Even if they don’t even use up the 1TB/month. I just can’t see how is this a win situation for them. xD
Or maybe they are planning to implement even higher speed packages later on to the loyal customers!!

Sadly, they don’t have comparable competition in most areas. If you want speed you need Comcast until Google rolls into town.

1 TB/ month? I use more, i dont know how :smiley:

ShiftySatchmo said in Comcast adding a "data cap" in many more states:

Sadly, they don’t have comparable competition in most areas. If you want speed you need Comcast until Google rolls into town.

Google will be better?

ShiftySatchmo said in Comcast adding a "data cap" in many more states:

Google will be better?

According to people using it. Higher speeds and lower costs

Yeah, here in America the cable providers work like big gangs or mafias and “stay off each other’s turf”. There’s little to no true competition. You almost always only have one choice of true broad band in any given area. They’ve been lobbying politicians and stuff for decades to keep it this way so they make more money imposing stuff like data caps. Its pretty despicable behavior in an era of streaming and connected devices. What all the communications companies really want is flatout packaged/tiered internet access like how they do TV channels. :disappointed:

Time Warner was bought out by Spectrum so I am waiting to see if they are any good. I have the feeling with my luck I will be referring to them as Rectum though.

1 Like

Sir_diealot I hear they are better, and have better pricing… I also hear there planning major hardware updates and such for the existing lines… to ensure when they launch there 60+mb/ps that it wont overload things that TWC let slack.

Gorkie said in Comcast adding a "data cap" in many more states:

Sir_diealot I hear they are better, and have better pricing… I also hear there planning major hardware updates and such for the existing lines… to ensure when they launch there 60+mb/ps that it wont overload things that TWC let slack.

Hope so, they are killing me with prices now and I don’t even have TV from them.

1 Like

I am hoping for AT&T “gigapower” in my area soon…

Sir_diealot I have TV, Phone & Internet 200 channels, unlimited calling and 30mb/ps and it costs me about $204 now

Sir_diealot I have TV, Phone & Internet 200 channels, unlimited calling and 30mb/ps and it costs me about $204 now

I pay I think 130 a month for net and phone. I do not have TV right now, kept it off so I could have extra money for going to see family for CHRISTmas but when I get TV back next year it will be DirecTV so I can watch my STEELERS play.

1 Like

Sir_diealot EEEWWW Patriots! Patriots! Of course first we need to dump brady in the Ocean I have lost alot of respect for his moronic self.

Gorkie The Patriots are the best!

Sir_diealot EEEWWW Patriots! Patriots! Of course first we need to dump brady in the Ocean I have lost alot of respect for his moronic self.

What did Brady do? I have more respect for him than the players who beat their wives.