CPUCores

Anybody try this yet? I’m going to try it out next Windows game I play.

gord0 Do you really need that? I thought you had a killer beast kitty PC that runs games at 4000 fps on 16k. :100:
I assume that software is meant for weaker PC. Like mine :3

Katsuo said in CPUCores:

gord0 Do you really need that? I thought you had a killer beast kitty PC that runs games at 4000 fps on 16k. :100:
I assume that software is meant for weaker PC. Like mine :3

Not really, most games run on a single core and most games always chose cpu 0, reserving a core(s) specifically for your game would help fps on any machine. Especially physics heavy games. I figure I’ll just google how many threads a game uses each time I start a new one and reserve that many with the tool.

gord0 You can actually adjust the game to use all the cores without the app. Just go properties on a game in Steam, you’ll see a set launch options button, click on that and enter -USEALLAVAILABLECORES, -sm4(depends which shader model you want to have. Sometimes Shader Model 4 works better on indie games), -d3d10 (if DX11 doesn’t cut it), -high (high CPU priority), -threads x (x = how many your cores your CPU has)

gord0 Also if you are entering these commands, enter it with the " - " before the command. And don’t split the command with a comma.

For example: -threads 8 -sm4 -USEALLAVAILABLECORES

Katsuo said in CPUCores:

gord0 You can actually adjust the game to use all the cores without the app. Just go properties on a game in Steam, you’ll see a set launch options button, click on that and enter -USEALLAVAILABLECORES, -sm4(depends which shader model you want to have. Sometimes Shader Model 4 works better on indie games), -d3d10 (if DX11 doesn’t cut it), -high (high CPU priority), -threads x (x = how many your cores your CPU has)

But it doesn’t have an option to move all the non game processes to core 0 nor does it have the option to make the game not use core 0. Also using the steam option doesn’t make a shred of difference if the game is programmed to only use one core and said game doesn’t get to chose which core it uses.

gord0 Ah you want to move stuff. Well, I didn’t know any software can do that actually haha. In my opinion, that CPUCORES app looks like a cashgrab Razer Cortex. Razer Cortex basically disables the OS processes so the game can use that extra resource to amp up. But I’m not sure if Razer Cortex actually moves the process on core 0 or really disables the processes in general. All in all, you can always refund the software if it doesn’t work haha

Katsuo said in CPUCores:

gord0 Ah you want to move stuff. Well, I didn’t know any software can do that actually haha. In my opinion, that CPUCORES app looks like a cashgrab Razer Cortex. Razer Cortex basically disables the OS processes so the game can use that extra resource to amp up. But I’m not sure if Razer Cortex actually moves the process on core 0 or really disables the processes in general. All in all, you can always refund the software if it doesn’t work haha

You should probably watch the video on the steam page before replying further lol

1 Like

gord0 It’s 15 minutes long. That’s like one entire anime episode. Razer explained their shit in one sentence! XD

Katsuo said in CPUCores:

gord0 It’s 15 minutes long. That’s like one entire anime episode. Razer explained their shit in one sentence! XD

This app moves all non game processes to core 0 and sets them to “below normal” priority, it then allows you to reserve as many cores as you want exclusively for your game and also sets game to “high” priority, and also has a white list for progresses you don’t want the app to fuck with. It also auto populates your steam library for you to launch the game.

So basically your game gets a core(s) all to itself

gord0 Yeah I just read the “read more” thing on store. I should’ve read it before reading stupid reviews. If it really works, then I might get it as well since Dying Light and The Witcher 3 runs like complete crap for me. (not to mention other bigger games)
The framerate goes all over the place and it’s annoying. At this moment, even 5 fps boost would mean a lot to me haha

1 Like