Decision Made Future Upgrade now in the saving process.

It has been decided after much delibration. I am going to be saving for either a GTX 1060 3gb or a RX 470 4gb, and my goal is November 2016 to make the purchase. The question I ask you guys is this, which is better? Which of the two would you get there very close in price depending on the brand you get. Im looking at the Zotac GTX 1060 3gb Mini and PowerColor RX 470. Of course choice at the time will be made by brand, price and if its in stock but this is where pricing is looking right now.

I swear to god, you’ve wrote the same post like a week ago. Or am I wrong? XD

Katsuo Close, but I was going to upgrade my PC it self… I have decided and even started saving the funds which im 25% of the way to the $200 I have started saving. I just can’t figure out if the GTX 1060 or the 470 is gonna be better… I am doing it this way to also help my aunt upgrade her boyfriends graphics as he will be buying my old card off me and swaping from a HD 7570.

The GTX1060 will be better, even the 3GB lower spec version, will be better than the RX 470.

This is based specifically on grunt/power. If you’re asking which is better value for money, then you’ll have to wait on final prices etc.

1 Like

Sgt_T8ie Thanks, im going to try to wait till Black Friday / Cyber monday… see if i can’t get a good deal on either the GTX 1060, 470 or 480

Gorkie Honestly, if I was in your position go for either 1060 or 480. The 470 is really aimed at low spec gaming (think MOBA and less graphically intensive games), and if the specs for Forza Horizon are anything to go by, developers are going to get lazier & lazier porting games to PC with the latest cards being the recommended level for 1080 gaming.

1 Like

I’d go for the GTX but thats just because I prefer Nvidia over AMD. And no real solid reason other than I’m just more used to it and have always liked it better. :shrug:

1 Like

Polekatt said in Decision Made Future Upgrade now in the saving process.:

I’d go for the GTX but thats just because I prefer Nvidia over AMD. And no real solid reason other than I’m just more used to it and have always liked it better. :shrug:

AMD 4 lyfe

3 Likes