Divinity:Original Sin 2 Early Access launch date = September 15th

Ummm, I have some Divinity game but it’s a standard RPG not that isometric one. Is my Divinity broken or they changed the subgenre a bit? XD

1 Like

I am looking forward to this. I have had my eyes on the first one, but figured I’d wait for the second. Let me know what you think of it, I might pick it up on Early Access.

1 Like

teh_g How much does the game cost?

Katsuo They changed to isometric with Divinity: Original Sin. The story behind it that they always wanted to make an old school isometric game a la Baldur’s Gate etc., but couldn’t find a publisher willing to fund it. So they went with crowd funding & knocked it out of the park. they then made an Enhanced Edition that filled in a lot of dialogue & made some tweaks to the game… which they gave to all existing owners as a free upgrade. Keep an eye out for the Enhanced Edition http://store.steampowered.com/app/373420/ figure they may do a special on it to drive up interest on the sequel.

1 Like

Katsuo said in Divinity:Original Sin 2 Early Access launch date = September 15th:

No price on the Early Access page yet.

Sgt_T8ie said in Divinity:Original Sin 2 Early Access launch date = September 15th:

Katsuo said in Divinity:Original Sin 2 Early Access launch date = September 15th:

No price on the Early Access page yet.

Here is the page:

2 Likes

From the KickStarter Page:
Early Access is Coming!

*We are incredibly excited to announce that you’ll get your first taste of Divinity: Original Sin 2 on the 15th of September. We’re giving all Kickstarter backers access to the first act of the game: Fort Joy.

We’re going to level with you - it’s not a nice place. Think Alcatraz, but if Alcatraz was a leper colony. And the island was haunted. And the bay around it was full of sharks. With tentacles… It ain’t pretty, is what we’re saying. But we’re sure that a resourceful Sourcerer like you will be able to find some new friends. Or useful enemies…

We’ve been working on this for a very long time, and seeing it go out into the world is an amazing experience. We’ve already had some incredible feedback from the press but of course it’s your voices that we can’t wait to hear. You were all here with us when we started this journey, and we can’t wait to show you how far we’ve come. And we’re not done yet!*

Also from the latest KS VLog, multiplayer will be implemented immediately from the start of Early Access. This means Co-Op & Arena/PvP. They also admitted that the game is slipping into 2017, but depending on how good the Early Access is it’s probably forgivable. After all I want the best game possible to release.

Sgt_T8ie So I guess the older games like Divinity 2 have no connection with the Original Sin, right? I like any kind of RPGs so Divinity: OS 2 looks really damn good. And I also guess, that one will be $59.99 because it’s trendy to have a $60 price tag. Hell, everything in the world should cost $60 -.-
teh_g Ty. Added it to my wishlist. The game comes out 2 days before my bday. I guess, I’ll have to surprise myself and buy the game XD

It kinda reminds me of Lost Ark and the Lineage: Eternal. Both are unreleased so they have another thing in common haha

1 Like

Sgt_T8ie So I guess the older games like Divinity 2 have no connection with the Original Sin, right? I like any kind of RPGs so Divinity: OS 2 looks really damn good. And I also guess, that one will be $59.99 because it’s trendy to have a $60 price tag. Hell, everything in the world should cost $60 -.-
teh_g Ty. Added it to my wishlist. The game comes out 2 days before my bday. I guess, I’ll have to surprise myself and buy the game XD

It’s set in the same Universe/World so if you’ve played them there are little nods to the older games &stories etc.

1 Like

Sgt_T8ie I’ve played that Divinity 2 but I don’t remember the game at all. I guess it was THAT “good” haha

1 Like

I’ve still got to get around to playing Original Sin, Pillars of Eternity, and Wasteland 2!

I have all three in my library, but stupid Bethesda keeps drawing me back in their games!! :laughing:

1 Like

Polekatt Yeah - Bethesda rules on the open world aspect, but those three do great in scratching a different type of RPG itch.

1 Like

Katsuo You got Divinity 2 … This is more a Divinity 3.5 or 4.5 :wink:

1 Like

MeFFFlenn Sheesh, I’m missing a lot. Meh, I’ll just check the walkthrough whatever comes after Divinity 2 and I’ll check Original Sin. And hopefully get OS 2. It has that Grim Dawn/Pillars of Eternity vibe which I really like!

2 Likes

Katsuo After Just watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4MjkBCz0tQ

3 Likes

Only put in two hours so far and it is shaping up as my new addiction. I think of it as turn base Diablo. I am hoping to find it is a game that has its own unique traits and using a term like Turn Base Diablo is considered sacrilege.

1 Like

Trainsmash said in Divinity:Original Sin 2 Early Access launch date = September 15th:

Only put in two hours so far and it is shaping up as my new addiction. I think of it as turn base Diablo. I am hoping to find it is a game that has its own unique traits and using a term like Turn Base Diablo is considered sacrilege.

I’m really hoping once you party up with 3 or 4 others the combos you can pull off will be another level up from the first game. The first difference that may weigh heavily on you will be … it’s not a looter, just adding that in because of your predilection to looting the epic-est of the epics (a la Borderlands & Diablo).

Sgt_T8ie I do need to get out of my comfort zone though. Looking forward to combining ingredients too.

1 Like

Trainsmash said in Divinity:Original Sin 2 Early Access launch date = September 15th:

Sgt_T8ie I do need to get out of my comfort zone though. Looking forward to combining ingredients too.

Every time you play with me I make you uncomfortable… it is but one of the many services I provide.

I’m hoping this game continues with the aspect of experimentation - change up your play style & tactics. Because the “Your Party is Dead; You have Failed” message hits home.

1 Like