DNS Updates

Hey all,

In an effort to help with scaling of the site, I am moving the domain behind CloudFlare. Conveniently, they recently added support for WebSockets (which is what this forum uses to give “live” updates). The free plan of CloudFlare allows for these websockets, so I don’t expect issues.

The biggest goal of this change is to provide enhanced security for members along with minimizing traffic hitting the server negatively. To cut off any rumors, no, we are not being DDOS’d or anything like that. I like to play it safe and want to have this done while we still expect changes :smiley:

Please post here if you run into ANY issues after 6 PM Pacific on 6/27 (http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/?t=6:00%20PM&tz=Pacific%20Time%20(PT)&)

Thank you again for dealing with my tinkering. Trying to make sure the forums survive whatever we throw at it!

Edit
Changes are now live. Good luck.

teh_g But if we have issues, posting will be an issue to, to let you know lol

1 Like

Only0neKnight steam chat FTW

1 Like

Only0neKnight said in DNS Updates:

teh_g But if we have issues, posting will be an issue to, to let you know lol

Steam works. Or you can email me at bitbox (at) geran (dot) me.

I am seeing the changes on my end, nothing appears broken!

Looks the same to me.

Ub6 That is the goal!

1 Like

Arsononion said in DNS Updates:

I had that too and a refresh fixed it.

gord0 I have it whole time refreshing doesnt help XD Work than crash and so on Xd

Yeah, I keep disconnecting here at least 7 quinvigintillion times per second :frowning:

Arsononion said in DNS Updates:

gord0 I have it whole time refreshing doesnt help XD Work than crash and so on Xd

You couldn’t have made your posts if you had it the whole time ;]

Well teh_g and sYnCroSis did warn you that the site would fall apart with me in charge sooooo

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo we sure did!

1 Like