DOOM Eternal

Game is sick

Tried a cracked copy to see if I need to buy it. Well, no. Yes, gameplay is sick, guns are fun, but this is too much for me. Too many little annoying systems and gameplay elements i hate and ruin the entire game for me. Platforming? Who asked? Less ammo? Who asked? More story? Who asked? I asked for a simple, breainless demon hunting with heavy metal. I am a picky crying noob, who can’t even play Doom.

The same shit was in DOOM 2016. And about the “less ammo” part, that’s not entirely true. You just have to kill demons with a chiansaw to get more ammo, instead of just running around and pick it up like it was in previous Doom game. Story was in previous Doom as well. Platforming? If you mean, climbing up ledges and jumping around…then yeah, game has platforming lol

I like the new formula for both 2016 and this one. A successful player is constantly a raging spectacle. Just go go go! Once you’ve cleared an area and you look around at all the blood and guts and destruction and be like “oopsie”. An unsuccessful player plays cautiously.

1 Like

I am an unsuccessful player who plays cautiously :open_mouth:

The soundtrack does sound like shit. Mick, please fix the shit!

1 Like

Actually his tracks are fine, some knob head threw in some remix tracks that sounded shite. So he’s redoing the tracks that the knob head fucked up.

That’s why I said it sounds like shit, not that the tracks are shit haha. Mick has done some great metal there. Wish Bethesda stopped being idiots and let the man do his job. There were also articles where it said that Mick will most likely stop making music for next DOOM games. Which is super sad. He can always come back to Killer Instinct though.

1 Like

Turns out this is my next game! Running at max settings at 1440p>60 (usually >90). I don’t think I need to explain the mechanics of the game at this point given it’s notoriety. Will post more later!

1 Like

Beat it earlier today! It’s a fucking rush and I recommend it!

3 Likes

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-05-04-id-confirms-its-parted-ways-with-doom-eternal-composer-after-soundtrack-controversy

Well the final doom was great then.

1 Like

I doubt they’ll find someone decent to replace Mick.

Just finished it as well. I definitely like DOOM 2016 more. It feels like they’ve decided not to spend more money on the sound which kinda worsened the experience in DOOM Eternal. But it’s not terrible. As for the rest of the game…it’s basically Black Mesa on crack. You jump around like a bunny, just like in BM, you shoot disgusting creatures, just like in BM and you are trying to save things, just like in BM. So if you like Black Mesa, you’ll most likely love Doom Eternal since it’s a smoother, better looking game. I’m always gonna recommend everyone some DOOM. Doom is a simple game. You start it, you press left click to kill stuff, you win. Sometimes, I need simple games. Without thinking how the hell can I kill Isshin in Sekiro on my 235983295th try.

9/10

1 Like

I see it more as a game of speed chess due to the need for glory kills, chain saw kills, and burning to get the pickups you need. Stealth and cover just get you cornered and killed.

I generally dislike stealth and playing slow. That’s probably why I like DOOM so much.

1 Like

I dont want to be the exception.

I’m not sure if the comparison is a troll or not. Waiting for black mesa to be out of beta.

It is out of beta since March. :wink:

We’ll find out I guess.