Enos Tech 2016 Peripheral Roundup - Mousepads / Mousemats

LetsGetIt1220
Yeah, thanks. As you said and showed in the video, those stitched would certainly last longer. I had a couple of mats that were ruined because of fraying.

LetsGetIt1220 said in Enos Tech 2016 Peripheral Roundup - Mousepads / Mousemats:

Zmajuga This day and age, long as you spend a could £$£$£€€ or whatever your currency is, you’ll be fine. However, my personal recommendation is one that has a stitched edging, other than that it’s all about finding one that is the size you need. The stitched edging just keeps it from fraying and will make it last much longer.

Stitched edges are a must now for me and I like how you keep on bringing it up for gaming. My favourite (as in how actual feel & response of the mouse gliding) cloth mouse pad that I’ve used was the Corsair MM300. It felt sublime but after about 3 months of gaming use on it (not all day only the evenings) the surface lifted from the pad at the bottom edge. It didn’t fray but would rub & aggravate my wrist. I see that they now do the range as “anti fray” with the stitching, but I’ve moved on & I’m using a In Win aluminium pad (Bat Mat) now instead. But I see myself getting a large desk mat in the future if I could ever sort my life & office out to make it look better.

But that was a nicely informative video on a reasonably mundane topic, looking forward to seeing more round ups like this in the future.

1 Like

Zmajuga said in Enos Tech 2016 Peripheral Roundup - Mousepads / Mousemats:

LetsGetIt1220
Can you recommend me a good mouse pad for my new Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum.

I really like my Logitech G240 mouse pad. Its made by the same company that made the mouse (mine is the G602), so you’d think they would do the best material that would work with their own product. It was less than $20, so affordable. You can get them cheaper, but this one is the best quality material I’ve ever had on a mouse pad. It has not frayed at all yet. It is big, so I don’t run my mouse off the sides of it while gaming, but not too big that it takes up the whole desk. My opinion, if you have a Logitech mouse, and like it, spring for 20 extra and get the mat that matches it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Polekatt Less then 20 Dollars is a ripoff price, sorry. In Germany or Europe i recommend the V7 GP120, it is a rubber base, cloth pad with stiching in the dimensions of 450x400x3mm and costs on Amazon.de 7.99eur …
#lessthen20dollarsyolo :slight_smile:

2 Likes

MeFFFlenn said in Enos Tech 2016 Peripheral Roundup - Mousepads / Mousemats:

Polekatt Less then 20 Dollars is a ripoff price, sorry. In Germany or Europe i recommend the V7 GP120, it is a rubber base, cloth pad with stiching in the dimensions of 450x400x3mm and costs on Amazon.de 7.99eur …

gimme link please! intrigued by your suggestion :slight_smile:

edit - don’t bother I just did a search - I’m was being too lazy.

1 Like

Sgt_T8ie it´s a Black Mousepad with a small V7 Logo instead of the Logitech Logo size is comparable to the Logitech G640 wich cost 40!!! Dollars but Logitech Pads are for whaever reason not stiched on the outside. Not sure if V7 exists in the US. V7 = (VideoSeven “gaming” rebrand of Ingram Micro Group)

Zmajuga : https://www.amazon.de/V7-Kingsize-Mousepad-450x400x3mm-Schwarz/dp/B0145NGPM4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478061476&sr=8-1&keywords=V7+GP120

2 Likes

That V7 pad looks very good for the money. Some of the ones I showed in the video cost stupid money :confused:

1 Like

MeFFFlenn
Thank you very much for the link. Mission complete. :thumbsup_tone2:

3 Likes

Zmajuga Glad you got sorted out :smiley: Funny what a decision it can be to pick out a silly mousepad lol

LetsGetIt1220
Yep it’s funny XD .

Honestly, I never spent to much money for the mouse in my life, but I ended up changing them quite often. So, since I now broke the bank and bought one quality and pretty expensive mouse (for my country standards) I wanted to complete the set with good mouse pad. And to whom you turn in search for advice? Friends at GX, because I know for sure, all of you have used and tested various PC stuff so I can get great info first hand.

Thank you all. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

MeFFFlenn said in Enos Tech 2016 Peripheral Roundup - Mousepads / Mousemats:

I’m not sure what you mean by ripoff price. The V7 GP120 is listed at $20. It looks good, but only differences is that it has stitched edges, and it is not available to me. So :rofl: less than $20 seems very reasonable for the best mousepad I’ve personally owned, plus one I can actually get. :slight_smile:

Edit- Just to clarify, I’m not saying that the V7 is bad, or that Zmajuga shouldn’t get it. Just saying that I don’t understand the wording of the G240 being a ripoff to me, by my definition of the word ripoff. :wink:

1 Like

Well, since the Amazon isn’t doing delivery to my country, I kept searching for an alternative.
And, at my surprise, found out Asus Cerberus mouse pad at discount for 10$ at local store webpage so I bought it.
It’s stitched, well built mouse pad. I hope it to last at least for a year. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You happen to have a link to that X2 at the end? Can’t find one online. With all my weightloss I am sitting so close to the table that my fingertips are going off the top of my XFX Warpad so think I would like that one. Thanks.

Sir_diealot http://www.x2products.com/pc-accessories/xpad-pro-xxxl-x2-mp03/

Don’t know what shipping to the US will be like as they are based in NL. Also worth having a look on Amazon to see what you can find in a similar size. If you can’t find what you’re after, give me a shout and will see what we can work out.

1 Like

LetsGetIt1220 said in Enos Tech 2016 Peripheral Roundup - Mousepads / Mousemats:

Sir_diealot http://www.x2products.com/pc-accessories/xpad-pro-xxxl-x2-mp03/

Don’t know what shipping to the US will be like as they are based in NL. Also worth having a look on Amazon to see what you can find in a similar size. If you can’t find what you’re after, give me a shout and will see what we can work out.

I found it it the states, it will have to wait until I return from my trip though, pretty pricey. Thank you for the link.

Zmajuga Where did you bought it ? i want one XD Mine is like rubbery hairy carpet xD

Polekatt Well the V7 GP 120 is in size comparable to the Logitech G640 wich is listed at 39.99, the Logitech pad isn´t stiched on the outside, the V7 is. And the V7 GP pad is at 19.99 is half the price of the Logitech G640 pad. So now tell me where the 20 Dollar extra cost are coming from, higer quality fabrication seems to be on the cheaper V7 with the stitching. Same materials, same everything, just a different look and logos… Sorry mate, it is what people call a ripoff.

Zmajuga … i am sorry about this… Try to to find a brand called Mars Gaming aka Tacens Mars Gaming, they make similar pads too. And they are not that much pricy either :wink:
www.marsgaming.eu

2 Likes

Arsononion
Bought it at Imtec.

1 Like

MeFFFlenn I see your point, thank you for explaining! makes perfect sense now.

I was comparing it directly to the G240, which is the same price, or slightly lower depending on where you get it. Also, I do not care for the larger size, so did not care about that part. So yes, if comparing it to the G640 yes, the G640 would be a ripoff, I agree. (probably why I don’t have one!) But for my own tastes, based on what I want, and availability to me, I do not see the G240 as a ripoff.

Hope that made sense, my friend! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Polekatt No offense taken :wink:

2 Likes