expanding links poll!

Hey everyone!

Now that I have had the expanding links setup for a bit, I figured I’d see what you all thought of them. Essentially it turns a link on an individual line into a nice embedded link, like so:

Do you all like them? Should I keep them, remove them?

One thing I did turn off to save some hits was to disable general links from creating the nice embeds. Let me know if you think it would be valuable / you would use it. Here is an example:

It would encourage me to explore said links vs ignore something I may be interested in.

1 Like

gord0 said in expanding links poll!:

It would encourage me to explore said links vs ignore something I may be interested in.

If I had the extra expanding links? I can toggle them on and see if it causes a huge extra amount of hits. Right now we are at about 400 a day (a hit is only counted once per hour, per embedded link). That is going to be $21 a month, which I think is well worth it since I also like the expanding links. If the web links added like, 200 more a day, I might reconsider…

teh_g said in expanding links poll!:

If I had the extra expanding links? I can toggle them on and see if it causes a huge extra amount of hits. Right now we are at about 400 a day (a hit is only counted once per hour, per embedded link). That is going to be $21 a month, which I think is well worth it since I also like the expanding links. If the web links added like, 200 more a day, I might reconsider…

If it’s too costly it’s no big deal… but I like the idea of angels lip curling at how easy we do thing miles beyond what he brags about! XD

If it’s too costly it’s no big deal… but I like the idea of angel’s lip curling at how easy we do thing miles beyond what he brags about! XD

If it’s too costly it’s no big deal… but I like the idea of angels lip curling at how easy we do thing miles beyond what he brags about! XD

Lets give it a go:

Lets give it a go:

Now it’s easy to see if leaked passwords work on other sites | Ars Technica

The beauty is we do almost no work, just use pre-made mods : ]

gord0 I am all about doing things the easy way. For $30 a month I get to provide you all a ton of awesome stuff. I benefit too because you are all pretty cool :wink:

1 Like

gord0 I am all about doing things the easy way. For $30 a month I get to provide you all a ton of awesome stuff. I benefit too because you are all pretty cool :wink:

If you every need financial help, just forward the bill to me. : ]

Thanks! I am looking into that a bit. It gets into a sort of weird tax area where I might have to pay taxes if people send me money…

Thanks! I am looking into that a bit. It gets into a sort of weird tax area where I might have to pay taxes if people send me money…

Not if you just forward me the email bill… and I just happen to slip and fall and hit the pay button on the way down… ; ]

1 Like

teh_g Wouldn’t it be sort of like a fantasy football site? I know a lot of fantasy football owners collectively pay for the site they use. One person just takes up the money and pays the bill. I’ve never heard of any of them saying they have to pay taxes on it.

Polekatt It is sort of a weird grey area. If you think you are getting anything in return for giving me money, I owe taxes. Otherwise, it is a gift :smiley:

teh_g but no one is thinking they are getting anything in return from YOU. Node BB forums, or whoever you are paying is who people are thinking they are getting something in return from. So as long as you keep track of money that you receive, and pay that exact amount towards what the person that sent you the money deems it for, there shouldn’t be any problems. The fantasy football guys I was talking about do it with a simple spreadsheet. I dunno, maybe I am looking at it too simplistically. But if it gets too much, I’m sure we could figure out an easy enough way to help. :slight_smile:

Polekatt I’m going to cover my bases and talk to someone who knows taxes way more than I do. I’ll make a thread about donations if/when I want to take them. Until then, I love you all!

1 Like

I guess I am stupid because to be honest I don’t know what you are referring to?

Sir_diealot said in expanding links poll!:

I guess I am stupid because to be honest I don’t know what you are referring to?

So by default, when you post a link on its own line, it will just look like a link. For example: Don't Starve Together on Steam

With the expanding links, they now turn into these cool embeds when you put a link on its own line:

YouTube videos will expand as well into embedded videos that you can watch in line.

1 Like

Okay, cool thanks. I like them by the way, just did not know that is what they were called.

1 Like