F1 2017/2018 winter break

buttstallion: I think I read an article a few years ago about the grid girls and how some of them use the income and generally it is a god income to progress thier personal interest. In fact, in that article some of them were med students, etc. They were taking a financial shortcut to meet their goals. What is wrong with that. The PC brigade see a pretty face in short clothing and assume it is exploitation, but the very freedom they fighting for is thing they are prohibiting with some of the decisions made. Make no mistake, I don’t care about whether there are grid girls or not, in fact I don’t even care for the pre-grid and post grid talky talk. This is why F1 struggles with fans, they focus on rubbish for image of the sport, instead of doing what is glaringly obvious. Better racing/techincal requirements. Fake image, fake overtaking, fake engine boost. In MBA opening lecture they show show a man with a drill in hand and then ask the question, what is your business? It is making holes, you can use a laser to do the same thing, as long as your method is successful. F1 should be in the business of on track entertainment.

“This is Formula 1”
Formation lap - Start - EXCITING wheel to wheel competition of only the best drivers- winner… the end.

Rant over. Sorry. So sorry.

This guy is so great :smiley:

Trainsmash Yepp, I dont like the way F1 is going. Too sterile. They want show but all they did is angry the fans. Not one of my IRL friends follow F1 nowadays. This is what they achieved in the last 10 years. Bernie and Liberty as well.

3 Likes

I tell you what that grill the grid with Arrivabene was really good. Even likeable. Very impressed

2 Likes

trainsmash Give him another 5 seconds and he would have maxed it out :smiley:

1 Like

buttstallion agreed. He never randomly said names.

1 Like
2 Likes

buttstallion I like it.

buttstallion I hope they have a better season this year.

1 Like

The halo is well hidden with the livery that’s for sure :smiley: I hope Haas has a better season than in 2017. Grosjean is not bad, but I dont like Maldonado v2.0 :smiley:

1 Like

Some interesting info about dirty air and slipstream

1 Like

“significantly different”… :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing: Well besides the halo its the same from where I’m sitting. But, I’ve always liked that livery so I’m fine with the subtle changes. No need to break something that’s already fixed. 2 for 2 with the liveries so far.

(edit: D’oh. I see they were talking about the car, not the livery being different)

The RB’s liveries are always epic. This looks fantastic. Sadly just a special occasional paintjob.

1 Like

schlitty Well, looks the same, because they intentionally hide a lot of aero detail until the first Barcelona test. Less time to copy unique parts :smiley: RB won the livery race so far :smiley:

1 Like

Agreed. That Red Bull paint job is slick considering its a one off practice.

First footage of a 2018 car. But news sites claim Ricciardo managed to destroy half the car on the wet track :smiley:

Sauber reveal today:

1 Like

Last year was a nice makeover for Sauber and now this is even better with the Alfa Romero colors. I’m liking these liveries.

1 Like
1 Like

Mercedes W09, I hope only the second best car this year :smiley: :smiley:

https://youtu.be/zpQ-fREZiPk

1 Like