F1 2017 - Austrian GP

schlitty I agree. Should have been a black flag. If you retaliate in any other professional sport (e.g. soccer), however lightly, it is an instant red card. This is my point.
Also, his apology came after he saw the evidence that there was no doubt that it was all on him. So he did the required amount to show enough remorse to ensure that Ferrari (=FIA) can say you have done enough. If anything Todt probably versed him what to do.
Being sorry means that when you calm down you apologise, not review every smidgen of evidence to ensure you are not wrong.

I know my opinion is strong on this, but no way is this punishment acceptable. We have seen race bans for less favoured drivers causing collisions when under racing conditions… Grosjean, Kyvat… and the list goes on. This incident was under safety car.

Trainsmash If I thought someone brake checked me I’d want definitive proof otherwise too! Haha. Im not excusing the retaliation at all, was dumb of him, but of course he waited for definitive proof. All his bonehead statements were made when he still believed he got brake checked. And I think his apology and acceptance of the data is genuine. Like I said, I would’ve been 100% okay with a black flag for the race the incident occurred in. Further punishment because they got it wrong though? Nope. The way it broke down is the way it broke down but that’s the way it did. I’m over it, Lewis says hes over it, everybody moved on and another race happened, another one next weekend too. Been a good season and its still a long way from over. Footnotes like this make the story.

schlitty fair enough. President has been set and it is the wrong one. I would happily put money down that if another driver does the same thing, the FIA will not be consistent. Let’s see if they punish Kyvat for start.

All in all pretty boring race; Start incidents, pit stops and last two laps.

Botas was awesome this weekend and it shows that there are many skilled drivers that need a car worthy of the the talent.
Alonso can’t seem to buy luck at the moment.

1 Like

Not my place to start the thread for the British GP, but check this vid:

My first thought was that the challenge of Copse, Maggotts, Becketts and Chapel wasted.

1 Like

trainsmash Haha, took me longer than I care to admit to start to suspect something and check the date on the upload.

1 Like

Left hand bitumen was the give away.