F1 2017 - Malaysian GP

Wait, what?! :man_facepalming_tone2:

1 Like

Well thatā€™s certainly not what I was expecting from Q1.

Absolute worse case scenario for Seb. Last, while Hamilton gets pole. He is up against it now. Gonna take a monumental effort to make this season interesting, much less the race tomorrow.

If dry, he is going to surprise us with 4 or 5th. If wetā€¦ well sky is limit. Going to be crazy and it is at a time I donā€™t have to go to bed at 2am. Yippee

I am totally drunk, waking up waaaaay tooooo earlyyyyyy.

trainsmash Itā€™ll be fun to watch him come up through the pack for sure. But unfortunately Id bet money on the car failing over a podium. Race is on in the middle of the night here (2AM I believe), so Iā€™ll be watching it recorded in the morning. Hereā€™s to hoping Kimi wins the race to corner one, the Red Bulls have race pace, and Vettel sneaks up!

1 Like

schlitty Almost :smiley:

1 Like

Such a shame for Ferrari this weekend with the car issues. They clearly had the best pace if it wouldā€™ve gone smoothly. But it didnā€™t so no use wondering about the what ifs. Vettel did as much damage control as possible to stay alive, easily the driver of the day. Good on Max to make his move early and grab control. Made his race much easier.

Also of note, Perez got a lot of the blame for all the Ocon vs Perez situations but this race proved Ocon can find trouble on his own too. Good showing by Vandoorne with a car that is supposed to be worse than Alonsoā€™s. And another podium for Ricciardo. Oh yeah, and Bottas looking very average again. He has had absolutely nothing since the break. Daniel just might catch him by the end of the year!

I think Bottas does need to step up and I think the hierarchy of a big team might be weighing him down mentally. Also, perhaps the developments are all around Hamilton and the technical setup simply does not suit him as much. If the team donā€™t understand where the car, I certainly cannot expect a driver with no R&D time into this year to understand.

Max has a great degree of talent, a lot more than the modern crop, dare I say it, Sennaā€™esk potential.

Vettel sour grapes againā€¦ Bottas purposefully slowed me down. Well yeah, he was trying to keep fourth, you would have done the same.

Slow down lap incident was bizarre, probably a new gearbox too and I hope somehow it is not because regardless of which driver I prefer, I hope we have a close championship.

FYI - missed the race (after going on about how it was one of the few at a decent time), but a good catch up with friends is better.

1 Like

And i was watching ā€¦