F1 2017 - Singapore GP

I think Hamilton should send flower bouquet and fruit basket to Vettel, along with “Thank you” card. XD

1 Like

https://youtu.be/fqRSXEJh3m8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzCibzOzD9A

He went and threw away the Championship right there.

Only left praying that Mercedes has troubles now. Just not the smartest move. And poor Alonso was the most innocent victim in all of it. He got off the line perfectly and was top 3. Just a mess of a race. Gotta say that Bottas looked awfully timid for a Finn out there. He was getting passed early but got track position when everybody got their second set of intermediates under the safety car.

But man. Vettel blew it. Now Lewis just has to finish races the rest of the way.

buttstallion Zmajuga: Couple of blaming issues here for me. 1- Totally Vettel fault (30%). 2 - Raikkonen proceeded to squeeze Verstappen briefly (20%). 3-Verstappen in his youthful exuberance moved left upon being squeezed by Vettel and could not move quick enough when Kimi’s squeeze occurred (10%). Unfortunately his bad luck continues, because he never backs down. I don’t want to see him settle for second, but I don’t want to see him out on first lap more.
4- (40%) Both Ferrari drivers were not aware of one anothers antics and desperation. How could they be though, when they were so focused on the man I suspected would win the race.
5- I this would have been a real issue for Vettel in the stewards office, if not for the fact it was on the first lap. Racing incident yes, but he is fast becoming a Michael Schumacher for if I don’t win, we both won’t finish.

1 Like

Heart breaking for Alonso and yet again Verstappen has no luck what so ever. Seems these two can’t even buy bad luck at the moment.

It is a pity Sainz is going to Renault next year, as he just proved what skill he had and does he really want the second rate (vs Hulk) car that Renault prepares for Palmer. Secondly, Renault is the worst team for dropping their academy drivers due to the cars being poor. Case example is Palmer who for the most part has suffered due to unreliability.

McLaren’s chassis proves itself to be awesome again, but it is clear Honda has nothing to offer… Yet.

If anything, Hamilton should send Verstappen flowers for not backing out of the throttle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czHPM0UjLNc&t=222

Really. Were Ferrari watching the same race. At least they deleted that garbage.

trainsmash said in F1 2017 - Singapore GP:

If anything, Hamilton should send Verstappen flowers for not backing out of the throttle.

Haha. I dunno! Even if Max brakes early and gets out of Dodge I feel like Vettel would’ve kept going all the way into Kimi either way!

2 Likes
2 Likes

Just got to watch this today, crazy start, what was up with that extra lap at the end?

sir_diealot New rule, if they cant complete the predetermined laps in 2 hours (it was 3 hours before) they they go until that 2 hours gone + 1 last lap. Because it is pretty confusing without that. You cant wave a flag for every car in the track wherever they are that it is over, everybody needs to complete the lap.

2 Likes

buttstallion said in F1 2017 - Singapore GP:

sir_diealot New rule, if they cant complete the predetermined laps in 2 hours (it was 3 hours before) they they go until that 2 hours gone + 1 last lap. Because it is pretty confusing without that. You cant wave a flag for every car in the track wherever they are that it is over, everybody needs to complete the lap.

Thanks, that explains it.

If you are familiar with motocross, then it is exactly the same.

trainsmash said in F1 2017 - Singapore GP:

If you are familiar with motocross, then it is exactly the same.

No not really, watch it on occasion.