F1 2021 season

I’m not too worried. Formula 1, of all the sports, showed the best results through COVID in my opinion. They traveled the globe with international drivers, teams, and employees and had less issues with it than most. I think they created an infrastructure that works.

That said, it’s up to the host nations in the end. If Australia wants to say no, all the power to them. But I would be pretty surprised if any races DON’T happen. I think we’re getting them all! :racing_car:

2 Likes

Being from NZ and close to Aus. Totally understand if they say no. Following our government COVID rules and behaving like asked, meant we could be with friends and have awesome social gathering for Xmas and NY. Without strings attached (masks, distancing etc.). Yeah it is a really big jail effectively, but we don’t have to worry about a dude coughing at a store and stuff. That is worth gold in my opinion, considering what I see in my home country of South Africa.

2 Likes

Better late than never :smiley: It took a while to upgrade Torro Rosso to the winning level.

2 Likes
1 Like

Just wanted to post it :slight_smile: Sad because i am counting back since Abu-Dhabi :smiley:

1 Like
2 Likes

Is this better for you guys or worse?

Well I sure jinxed all that quick…

1 Like

Nah. People see how Europe and US measures weren’t working effectively (2nd lockdowns) and the new strain. Irrespective of how well F1 can create the BioSphere, governments are willing to risk the economies, considering the meager takings at the gates in the pandemic and minimal tourism benefit. As much as I wanna see a race, I understand. Now if it were a V10 screaming at 18k rpm, my views would be different.

Who saw this coming…

1 Like

Found out earlier today that the new UK/South Africa strain has hit levels of community transmission in parts of Australia… so maybe not a bad thing for F1.

Only COVID news these days; Ferrari's Leclerc latest F1 driver to contract COVID-19

2 Likes

Yeah totally forget to post it, read it days ago :smiley: If there is a good time to catch the virus, i guess this is it.

1 Like

Still no signature. What’s going on?

There are some updates, but less news than a year before

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

He finally signed the dotted line. :slight_smile:

2 Likes