F1 news until the new season

FIA confirm 20 race 2017 F1 calendar

The German GP drops off the schedule for next season with the Nurburgring’s financial problems meaning they couldn’t host the event and Hockenheim unwilling to stage the race two years in a row also because of monetary reasons.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/10677887/fia-confirm-20-race-2017-f1-calendar

No German Race. F1 is slipping badly. No wonder it was sold.

No home race for the champ! That stinks.

I can’t understand though. Germany has one the best economies and one of thebest touring car series, if it can be called that, so how can the auto clubs not afford it. Or is FIA asking some astronomical price to hold the race. I don’t understand.

The prices are too high. Less and less people following the sport, less money from tickets, from TV. Our Hungaroring is stable (until 2026) because the government supporting the race with a lot of money.

1 Like

I don’t get it to be honest, I think there needs to be a mind shift. FIA, FIFA, Olympics. Why do event holders pay for it, I mean the event holder should hold the power. If you want your sport here you pay, not vice versa. Reality is that if Europe, Brazil, Japan and Canada embargo for a year, the rest of the countries with more money than spectators will simply fold on FIA.

It is the core GPs that keep fans watching, not China, Bahrain, Russia with half empty stands. Not intentionally generalising, as they have a strong following, however how many times have we seen stands 1 quarter full and the GP is there for the cash it lines the FIA pockets with.

Sorry for the rant. It is a sport I have followed for 30years, been following since before I even knew what a PC was.

ButtStallion. Hungaroring is an awesome track, old school technical track that always throws up a challenge and an interesting result. Damon Hill blowing up on the last lap in Arrows (if I recall correctly) was the ultimate example of how cruel F1 can be and the interesting results Hungary offers.

Trainsmash said in F1 news until the new season:

I don’t get it to be honest, I think there needs to be a mind shift. FIA, FIFA, Olympics. Why do event holders pay for it, I mean the event holder should hold the power. If you want your sport here you pay, not vice versa. Reality is that if Europe, Brazil, Japan and Canada embargo for a year, the rest of the countries with more money than spectators will simply fold on FIA.

It is the core GPs that keep fans watching, not China, Bahrain, Russia with half empty stands. Not intentionally generalising, as they have a strong following, however how many times have we seen stands 1 quarter full and the GP is there for the cash it lines the FIA pockets with.

Sorry for the rant. It is a sport I have followed for 30years, been following since before I even knew what a PC was.

If the event holder holds all the power like in the old days then you will see no upgrades to tracks and no new safety regulations because they will not care. It needs to be regulated this way. You want to hold it then prove you are responsible enough to hold it.

Nico Rosberg retires from Formula 1 after winning world championship. WHAAAAAAAT? :smiley:

1 Like

WHOA!!! Did not see that coming. That certainly shakes things back up with the teams. Lots of guys probably wishing they didn’t already sign contracts haha.

Ocon was sooo happy, that he signed for Force India and they didn’t choose Wehrlein. Now let’s see if he is still smiling :smiley:

1 Like

:smiley:

2 Likes
3 Likes

so if they get more grip, which is fantastic, will 5kg of fuel be enough. they will go faster therefore burn more. will we see even more fuel saving, therefore defeating the purpose?

1 Like

Trainsmash The engine burn less fuel on higher gear levels. The faster corners means less gear switch, more fuel in the tank.

1 Like

ButtStallion Good point. I have been schooled.

1 Like

But in the video they say they are get +5 kg fuel because the car’s weight is slightly increased. This is just my guest, I don’t know how it it will work. And a car can burn less fuel if it gets more aerodynamic like in this season, less energy needed to fight against air and wind.

1 Like

Kind of what I am implying. They have more resistance of friction with wider tyres and bigger wings. BUT front wing swept back and more efficient and rear wing wider but far lower.
So yes it will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Reality what F1 really needs back to make the sport interesting is ground effects, which they have banned. All the aero in world bolted to the top of car is useless. Put aero under car and who cares about the turbulent air of the car ahead.

BAN DRS :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like