FFXIV HDSound (Realtek) + DX 11 Crashes.

Anyone been having this issue? It seems to have something to do with my onboard sound and dx11… I can’t make heads or tails of it and how to fix it. Im close to a complete windows wipe and reinstall of everything if I can’t figure it out.

Gorkie said in /404:

Anyone been having this issue? It seems to have something to do with my onboard sound and dx11… I can’t make heads or tails of it and how to fix it. Im close to a complete windows wipe and reinstall of everything if I can’t figure it out.

Are you using the onboard sound? Or hdmi/dp audio from your vid card?

gord0 I am using HDMI for my picture but have a gaming headset hooked into my onboard plugs.

Gorkie said in FFXIV HDSound (Realtek) + DX 11 Crashes.:

gord0 I am using HDMI for my picture but have a gaming headset hooked into my onboard plugs.

Update/reinstall driver… what cpu do you currently have?

gord0 CPU FX 8320 and GPU RX 470 8gb Gaming X.

gord0 I totally already DDU’ed and then installed the Graphics Drivers sense it came out… my sound drivers look to be updated as well… which is why its confusing the hell out of me lol

gord0 I totally already DDU’ed and then installed the Graphics Drivers sense it came out… my sound drivers look to be updated as well… which is why its confusing the hell out of me lol

Windows 10 or 7?

gord0 10

gord0 10

Might need to update the chipset drivers: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows%2010%20-%2064

Is your headset capable of using usb instead of headphone jack?

gord0 Headphone jack for the sound/mic and usb for the lights on it. I will go have a look at the chipset drivers as well and if I have to ill figure out how to shut HDMI sound off completely and see if it works.

gord0 Headphone jack for the sound/mic and usb for the lights on it. I will go have a look at the chipset drivers as well and if I have to ill figure out how to shut HDMI sound off completely and see if it works.

If none of that works, does it still happen with your mic unplugged?

gord0 Untill recently when I started using a mic/headset I didn’t have this issue. Which makes me wonder now.

gord0 Untill recently when I started using a mic/headset I didn’t have this issue. Which makes me wonder now.

When Bioshock 1 was new before whatever patch fixed it, I absolutely needed something plugged into the mic jack or it would crash. Didn’t matter what it was. I plugged in broken earphones to the mic jack and it stopped crashing. Something similar may be happening to you.

Also, I’ve never heard of a headset that had a usb cable solely for lights. Try installing the headset drivers so you can use usb only and remove the audio wires. That “should” allow you to disable the onboard card alltogether. It also eliminates interference and static one usually gets using the old-style wires.

gord0 Well this headset came with lights, its a SADES Wolfspirit it said right on it that it was for the lights on the headset. Also I think I might have fixed the issue, it looks like it may have been conflicting sound drivers I removed Realtek and Soundblaster Cinema and installed the Chipset drivers you linked and so far so good.

1 Like