FFXV Only 30 USD?!?!?!?!?

nvm, googled it. They really should have it as a free steam download though…

1 Like

shiftysatchmo As far as I know, NVIDIA worked with SE on FFXV for PC.

I hope the actual game has 1440p as an option, the benchmark doesn’t.

Here’s my 1080p high results:
Single card:

Crossfire:

It would seem crossfire currently only adds an extremely marginal improvement. Hopefully AMD and Squeenix make optimizations before launch, not just for crossfire but for performance in general.

gord0 Wow with a fury I woulda thought you would have gotten higher, I mean with a 8320 CPU and 470 GPU I got over 5k on Standard.

gorkie said in FFXV Only 30 USD?!?!?!?!?:

gord0 Wow with a fury I woulda thought you would have gotten higher, I mean with a 8320 CPU and 470 GPU I got over 5k on Standard.

You’ll notice on the lower right I set it to “High Quality”. “Standard” is my ranking for 1080p High Quality.

katsuo said in FFXV Only 30 USD?!?!?!?!?:

I think PS4 pro fancy edition might be the better way to go for me then. If I even decide to play it at all.

shiftysatchmo said in FFXV Only 30 USD?!?!?!?!?:

I think PS4 pro fancy edition might be the better way to go for me then. If I even decide to play it at all.

I’d wait to see what happens. AMD will release more drivers, Squeenix will likely be optimizing.

gord0 yeah, I’ll definitely take the “Gordon approach” and see how launch goes before I spend any money haha. One pro for Steam over PSN is the refund option.

gord0 Accually I didnt notice that but now makes perfect sense.

I just tried the bench thing and if the final version looks like the benchmark version, then I see absolutely no difference between the PS4 version and this one. Visually, it looks exactly the same…I thought there will be some enhancements or something.

katsuo a lot of it is proprietary Nvidia garbage like fancy hair blah blah

shiftysatchmo There are fancy hairs in the PS4 version as well xD
I think the only improvement that the PC version will get is the resolution bump to 8k. And maybe HBAO+ or whatever their new “technology” is called.

I think the only improvement that the PC version will get is the resolution bump to 8k. And maybe HBAO+ or whatever their new “technology” is called.

I doubt the “High Quality” setting in the bench mark uses “max settings”. Either way, they’d have me sold at 1440p60.

gord0 said in FFXV Only 30 USD?!?!?!?!?:

I think the only improvement that the PC version will get is the resolution bump to 8k. And maybe HBAO+ or whatever
their new “technology” is called.

I doubt the “High Quality” setting in the bench mark uses “max settings”. Either way, they’d have me sold at 1440p60.

If that resolution bump is enough for you to spend $70CAD, then go for it. Otherwise, pick up the game for PS4 and play it 1080p60

gord0 said in FFXV Only 30 USD?!?!?!?!?:

I think the only improvement that the PC version will get is the resolution bump to 8k. And maybe HBAO+ or whatever
their new “technology” is called.

If that resolution bump is enough for you to spend $70CAD, then go for it. Otherwise, pick up the game for PS4 and play it 1080p60

That may be my route if I can’t get 1440p60. The reason that’s so big to me is that with ps4 pro on my main monitor I have these options for resolution:
-1080p stretched to 1440p which looks crap
-4k/pseudo 4k scaled down to 1080p and then stretched up to 1440p which looks worse than just regular 1080p stretched to 1440p.

Which is why I have a small 1080p monitor for my consoles.

So yeah, the option for native 1440p is worth more to me than others.

What’s crazy is FF XII is $50 lololol what a ripoff

Maybe the difference between AMD and Nvidia is less when running standard quality and leave Hairworks and the others out of the picture.

buttstallion Replying to myself. No, you are wrong, no difference in the list :smiley: And somehow my 1070 beat the 1070 Ti avarage :smiley: Vega is a bit closer.

Well since there is no 2560x1080 resolution for ultrawide monitors I’m stuck with 1920X1080 and it looks like I can play it. :smiley:

1 Like

seems like my shit pc can handle this game with a shitty resolution pretty well :3