Final Fantasy XV might be delayed

Kinda sucky for those that preordered the game. Also sucky for me because I want some walkthrough to watchhhh.

Better than releasing when it isn’t ready? Unless they are just delaying for business reasons.

ShiftySatchmo Well, if 10 years of development wasn’t enough, then I don’t know. Anyway, a month or two of extra waiting won’t hurt anyone, I guess. Maybe they are delaying because they want to get it ready for a Steam release (damn dreams go away :’( ).

Never preorder something with infinate quantity. It tells the publisher you’re dumb enough that it’s alright to release broken. : ]

1 Like

gord0 Luckily I don’t have enough money to preorder any game XD

I’m with ShiftySatchmo, I’d rather they delay and release a polished game. I do also try to avoid most pre-orders, though I sometimes can’t resist.

1 Like

teh_g said in Final Fantasy XV might be delayed:

I’m with ShiftySatchmo, I’d rather they delay and release a polished game. I do also try to avoid most pre-orders, though I sometimes can’t resist.

If I’m going to buy a game either way, I might as well get $10 credit for pre ordering. I’ve never seen a game launch without a bug or two anyway. Also, you can get refunds now so if a game is that broken at launch you can return it. Pre order isn’t so bad.

ShiftySatchmo said in Final Fantasy XV might be delayed:

If I’m going to buy a game either way, I might as well get $10 credit for pre ordering. I’ve never seen a game launch without a bug or two anyway. Also, you can get refunds now so if a game is that broken at launch you can return it. Pre order isn’t so bad.

I try not to pre-order like months and months ahead unless I am wicked certain I want the game. Like Pokemon.

1 Like

teh_g said in Final Fantasy XV might be delayed:

ShiftySatchmo said in Final Fantasy XV might be delayed:

I try not to pre-order like months and months ahead unless I am wicked certain I want the game. Like Pokemon.

Yeah, for physical titles it is a little different because you can’t return them opened. Games on origin or steam though it’s like why not if you plan to get it anyway. I didn’t feel this way until they added refunds though!

teh_g also, when I pre order a game far ahead of time I’m usually using credit card rewards anyway haha

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they didn’t delayed it because the game is not polished or something like that. There has to be some other reason. Maybe the movie or the anime or whatever isn’t on schedule and it’s messing with the game launch day. They had 10 freaking years to develop and polish the damn game. Ten yearsssssss.

Katsuo probably has to do with releasing closer to the holiday season or distancing from other releases.

ShiftySatchmo Or that. Tabata invested all his body and soul into this one. So I guess he wants to make sure that everything goes right. The last time Square invested so much effort into a game was back when Final Fantasy 7 was released. Tons of prequels and sequels, tons of movies. Basically, they are doing now the same thing they did with FF7.