Finally got a job again...Now to plan upgrades!

Yup, pending the results of a drug test, which I took earlier today, I will finally have a job NOT offered by my college (Actually have to turn down a job from them.) So I will finally be able to get updated from this FX 6300 I’ve been running for a few years now! Stoked!!! So do we think that current Intel CPUs are a worthy update with Zen right around the corner?

Congratulations to the job you got! And enjoy your upgrade as soon as you get it :wink:

1 Like

Congrats! Enjoy the new system once you get it built!

1 Like

Congratulations about getting a job mate! I hope the best for you!

First, secure a budget for a CPU and wait a couple of months; there might be a good deal or something new out!

1 Like

Congrats on that job!!

1 Like

congratulation !!!

1 Like

Congrats… wait for Zen, cause honestly the new intel cpu´s are not that much faster then the previous intel generations… and keep in mind new cpu means also new mainboard and probably new RAM :wink:

1 Like

MeFFFlenn Yeah I’ve been considering that. I may end up jumping to last gen Intel since they’re still leaps and bounds ahead of my current AMD CPU and will likely be compatible with my ram. If I can save up a grand or two I may just do an entirely new rig though.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with a 6300! Mine is still chugging. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Congratulations on the job. Good luck with the upgrades.

1 Like

Well after almost two weeks, my background check and drug test came back clean… My orientation is this Saturday and my first week starts on Monday. My schedule is pretty nice too. It’s set so it won’t get changed randomly. It’s Monday-Friday 4PM-8:30PM leaving my weekends open and my school schedule untouched! It’s not full time but it works for right now!

5 Likes