Finally have a pc back :) May be gaming again soon.

Ended up lucking out completely, and a regular from where I used to work sold me a Lenovo b570 laptop with an intel duo core processor and hd 3000 graphics for $100, and the good part is it also came with an I7 2630QM cpu that they were planning on having put in and did not. I have installed the cpu and only needing to get an 8gb kit of ram and it will be good to go to get on most of my steam games again. So in the end will be around 140-150 total and it will be an ok gaming laptop. Quite happy here, something finally fell my way.

Only0neKnight said in /404:

Ended up lucking out completely, and a regular from where I used to work sold me a Lenovo b570 laptop with an intel duo core processor and hd 3000 graphics for $100, and the good part is it also came with an I7 2630QM cpu that they were planning on having put in and did not. I have installed the cpu and only needing to get an 8gb kit of ram and it will be good to go to get on most of my steam games again. So in the end will be around 140-150 total and it will be an ok gaming laptop. Quite happy here, something finally fell my way.

Intel hd3000 or a really old AMD HD3000m series?

gord0 Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM Processor Specification

alt text

Playable Games List for Intel® HD Graphics 3000/2000

Mark2K77 said in Finally have a pc back :slight_smile: May be gaming again soon.:

gord0 Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM Processor Specification

Playable Games List for Intel® HD Graphics 3000/2000

ah, what’s the gtx or radeon equiv as I’m too lazy to check? Oh also GRAM or shared system ram?

gord0 Shared but its registering like reg vram in CPU-Z. It’s playing games quite nicely and will even better so when I finally get the ram kit.

1 Like

gord0 comparison by the similarities …

Intel CPU - AMD CPU comparison

Graphics Cards: Integrated vs. Dedicated comparison

The HD Graphics 3000 has no dedicated memory but shares the Level 3 / LLC Cache with the CPU cores and also part of the main memory. Due to TurboBoost, the GPU can be overclocked depending on the current CPU load and power consumption. The base speed and the turbo boost speed of the HD Graphics 3000 depend on the processor:
•ULV processors Core ix-2xx7 (base 350MHz, Turbo 900-1000MHz)
•LV processors Core ix-2xx5 (base 500MHz, Turbo 1000MHz)
•Mainstream and high-end Dual und Quad-Core Core ix-2xx0 (base 650MHz, Turbo 1100-1200MHz)
•Desktop K processors (base 850, Turbo 1100-1350MHz)

** performance tests with the high clocked mainstream version of the HD Graphics 3000 in quad-core processors showed a performance level on par with older entry level generations from NVIDIA (e.g. GeForce 310M) and AMD (HD 5450).

You have a lot of tolerance lol. 4 rigs ago I still had a better gpu (two x1900 cards (CFE and XTX)), albeit there wasn’t much crossfire compatibility back then lol. On the cpu side, well you’ve got more than enough, most games aren’t cpu bound.

Mark2K77 I’ve assumed as much but atleast it gets me back into my steam list and a good majority of it for now and was pretty cheap.

2 Likes

Only0neKnight it is not bad CPU … at least you will be able to play games … and most of those data or information about CPU is pure synthetic … I was just replaying to Gordo :slight_smile:

I have a ASUS GT 640 2gb Edition if it will help any bro… just let me know.