Forum Expansion Ideas

Hola folks! Just an idea I had in my mind for a few more forums. Those that do know me, they know how much I love categorizing stuff!

Gaming could be further expanded upon! Not by genre, but we could have something like Console Section/PC Section/Mobile Section. Let’s bring love to all games from everywhere!

We could add TV Series Section, Movie Section and a Music Section for Media.

This could prove to be too much of a hassle, but if there are specific groups, how about we add a section for each of them? (with some conditions in which group should have a section) For example, Enos Tech Reviews Forum Section. Just imo!

I know, I am a complete bastard for just throwing stuff around and wait for their implementations, but I will still help wherever possible! :slight_smile:

teh_g

Alex Great idea, sometimes I feel myself lost on the forum with the hundreds of topics :smiley:

3 Likes

Alex I can definitely make categories and assign them to groups. There is a lot of flexibility there.

I didn’t want to make too many categories, since it ends up just being a bunch of places that kind of maybe could have different things. What determines if something goes in technology versus technical support versus just general? If the people want more categories, I am all for it. It is literally a push of a button :smiley:

I am all for Enos_Tech_Reviews having their own category. If LetsGetIt1220 is interested, I can put that somewhere (maybe under tech)?

Console/PC/Mobile, I am inclined to keep that in one personally? Console and PC have so much cross platform that it might be limiting, I also feel like the majority of people will be in the PC section. I could be convinced otherwise though :thinking:

For the media section, I could split that out into Media as a parent (with no posting) and the subforums of like TV, Movies, Music, Screenshots/Pics or something?

2 Likes

teh_g Well, look at it this way: when someone joins, or when someone will want to post his brand GPU, he will want to post it under Technology. However, if said GPU doesn’t work, he can go to Technical Support to ask for help. General should be the one that people post to that have nothing to do with all others forums.

Can a normal member create a group? Personally, I would love to create a group or two: one for my YouTube Channel for example. If of course, advertising (cause that will be it really, of course, I will be providing content, not shamelessly asking for support without having anything to show for it) I will leave categorization of groups to you, if you see them fit.

Personally, I love gaming; some games I will want to play on my PS4 (bought one btw!) some games I will play on my PC. Not just the exclusives mind you! I don’t know, I just feel like that! For example, if I were creating the categories/forums etc, I would put a Playstation Category, then a PlayStation 1, PlayStation 2 and so forth. All for convenience sake! However if others don’t deem it necessary, it’s certainly skippable; after all, Gaming is gaming.

Aye, for Media I think that’s the best case scenario :wink:

teh_g I dunno I already moved a million topics between the handful of categories we have now haha

Alex said in Forum Expansion Ideas:

Can a normal member create a group? Personally, I would love to create a group or two: one for my YouTube Channel for example. If of course, advertising (cause that will be it really, of course, I will be providing content, not shamelessly asking for support without having anything to show for it) I will leave categorization of groups to you, if you see them fit.

Yup, every user can make a group. I have to make a category though if they wanted a special place for themselves. I think groups right now are more for easily following who is posting what. It makes a sort of consolidated posting point for watching activity.

Personally, I love gaming; some games I will want to play on my PS4 (bought one btw!) some games I will play on my PC. Not just the exclusives mind you! I don’t know, I just feel like that! For example, if I were creating the categories/forums etc, I would put a Playstation Category, then a PlayStation 1, PlayStation 2 and so forth. All for convenience sake! However if others don’t deem it necessary, it’s certainly skippable; after all, Gaming is gaming.

Aye, for Media I think that’s the best case scenario :wink:

I live a less is more life when it comes to stuff like this. Like Andrew said, it is already a bunch of things that get shuffled around, I think more categories will make it more effort to see where things go.

I am definitely all for new things though. If I am an outlier in wanting less categories, I am all for making new ones!

teh_g another solution could be to just pin popular topics that we see as being long-term, which I’ve done on a few

Alex, I expanded out the media section a bit per your comments. I’ll see where the wind blows for gaming :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks so much! Will start putting my part of the forum to good use soon!

1 Like

teh_g I just want the LFG sub category :’( Who knows when the calendar will be done?

1 Like