Gamer Challenge format change

Just to help keep things cleaner and make talking about games a bit easier.

What we can do is keep this section buy have a post for each year. Then, in the review section we have one thread for each game. The format for the gamer challenge thread can be something like:

Title: Username - 2018 Gamer Challenge

• Top post:
    • Game - Date - Score - Link to post in the game review thread
    • Edit the post as new games are finished
  • Replies to the thread can be shit talk / comments about how we are terrible at beating games

There will be a bit of extra work for finding the review thread if one exists, but the search should work as long as people name the threads right. Let me know what you all think!

No idea what all of this means but it’s cool.

teh_g Done. :smiley:

katsuo said in Gamer Challenge format change:

No idea what all of this means but it’s cool.

Just means your “Gamer Challenge” thread only has links to reviews of games you beat. The reviews you write have the title of the game for the title instead of “Gamer Challenge”. That way when I search for a thread on Game X, I actually find it and don’t end up making a dup thread. At the end of the year, whoever tallies the gamer challenge just needs to count the links in your gamer challenge thread.

I’d also maybe add that if you don’t want to write a review you can just say “I beat [game].”

2 Likes

shiftysatchmo said in Gamer Challenge format change:

I’d also maybe add that if you don’t want to write a review you can just say “I beat [game].”

I don’t “challenge” but I also don’t review. I just talk about the game. But yeah, you don’t have to write anything beyond that you beat it in regards to the “Challenge”.

The review threads will turn into people’s comments / reviews on the games with this too, which I think is fine.

3 Likes

teh_g yeah, so more like “impressions”

1 Like

All right, edited my challenge tread, the deleted posts can be purged if an admin walks that way.

1 Like

buttstallion They may walk that way, but do they “talk” that way? :wink: