Gamer = RGB (?)

ButtStallion one of the worst and ugliest PC trends…

ButtStallion A completely subjective choice, that is completely voluntary.

Either:

1. you care what everything looks like and you buy to suit - in which case the manufacturer’s should & generally are chasing your dollar; so if they’re all producing stuff you don’t care for, that means your tastes are not in the majority & why should you feel entitled to have them produce exclusively for what you decide is “cool”.

Or
2) you only care about performance and purchase accordingly. Don’t want an aggressively styled piece of RGB vomitting tat? Plenty of decent vanilla alternatives out there. Want it both ways? Find the right manufacturer & reward them with your dollar.

1. Complaining because you’re a whiny snowflake? Write for PC Gamer.
2 Likes

All I hear when reading this is “Oh look, I found something to cry about!”.

To which I respond "We’re all out of keenex, but here, use this:
0_1488749872440_glow-in-the-dark-toilet-paper1.jpg
"

3 Likes

When I grow up, I want to be RGB

I never really cared for pretty lights or other things they made up (like that headset stand) I care for performance most of all. For example, the LED in my Artemis headset don’t even light up anymore, no idea why but I still can’t be arsed to actually fix it. Does the headset work? Check. Is it still as great as when I bought it? Check. I am done here!

To be fair, some things do look cool and it would be nice to have them, but having them forced down your throat cause they are “needed” that is when you know things fucked up.

I do like lighting but not the RGB stuff, I like LED’s and I like some tubes but not what I have seen from GRB and I would rather they put money into making the item work well and let me worry about making it look good.

1 Like

Sir_diealot said in Gamer = RGB (?):

I do like lighting but not the RGB stuff, I like LED’s and I like some tubes but not what I have seen from GRB and I would rather they put money into making the item work well and let me worry about making it look good.

So what you’re saying is you like solid coloured lights as apposed to changing ones? With the exception of cold cathode tubes, all rgb lighting is led lighting. RGB just means it can display the full spectrum between Red Green and Blue (#000000 - #FFFFFF).

RGB everything erm nope … looks and feels like ACID trip
… and hardware lately looks like Ferrari … but that is all … does not work better so nope and nope !!

1 Like

Mark2K77 said in Gamer = RGB (?):

RGB everything erm nope … looks and feels like ACID trip
… and hardware lately looks like Ferrari … but that is all … does not work better so nope and nope !!

Which is why the article is retarded. The look and amount of rgb is up the consumer. Heck if you get a case with no window, you don’t even have to worry what anything looks like other than the case.

1 Like

I like RGB - in that I appreciate the ability to set a colour and then swap as your needs change. I prefer a nice clean, tied together look.

What I dislike is rainbow bloom. It looks awful & distracting. But that’s my opinion & I don’t expect manufacturers to stop providing them for my sake.

Sgt_T8ie this! Turning your PC into Christmas tree is just stupid

1 Like

gord0 said in Gamer = RGB (?):

So what you’re saying is you like solid coloured lights as apposed to changing ones? With the exception of cold cathode tubes, all rgb lighting is led lighting. RGB just means it can display the full spectrum between Red Green and Blue (#000000 - #FFFFFF).

I am basically getting at that I would rather they put the money into quality control and not into pretty lights. I thought RGB was done differently than LED’s

Sir_diealot today lighting you will get through integrated circuits in RGB LED, majority of IC is packed in LED strip (few years back single LED diode, or before that with cold cathode tube in PC ) …

unfortunately there is no quality any more. Today everything is about what manufacturer wish to sell you, not in what do you as a customer want to buy (ie the product does not exist for the customer and because customer wish to buy product. Product of today is self-sufficient and should be sold by force). We all are forced to pay for features we do not need or wish in hardware… Marketing is producing features which serves no purpose, but they are cosmetic in nature, then that same marketing adds technical features that do not exist (example MSI the M.2 Shield with magical cooling properties) .

Engineers have become marketing experts or they are too occupied with design rather than functionality … Or IT industry slipping …

1 Like

I am basically getting at that I would rather they put the money into quality control and not into pretty lights. I thought RGB was done differently than LED’s

RGB just means the color is determined by user preferences, but doesn’t change the type of light source: Light-emitting diode - Wikipedia

2 Likes

RGB just means the color is determined by user preferences, but doesn’t change the type of light source: Light-emitting diode - Wikipedia

I knew it could be chosen, but did not know it was done with LED’s is all. I will be adding this that I won a bit ago when I get the window for my case.

I like my red case with the red fans and the red backlight in my keyboard, really helpful during the night. I like this theme and happy with a moderate rgb lighting. Very subjective, but I think the rgb headset and mousepads are a bit too much for me :smiley:

LEDs are good for when you’ve upgraded all you can and still want to habitually throw money at your rig. “For the gamer who has everything” XD

1 Like

I only really care about my keyboard being backlit, because I play in a dark room, and I can’t see it, otherwise.

That said, if anything else happens to come with lights, I like for it (and my keyboard), to be RGB, because while I don’t care if has or does not have a light, nothing is worse than getting something with a light that is a color I hate.

2 Likes

My favorite are still RGB Headphones XD

1 Like