Gears of War 4 is....GOOD

Seriously, you should give it a shot someday. Especially if you have 4 buddies to play with. The campaign is entertaining, the multiplayer is balanced and satisfying (minus the fact that most maps have the exact same shape), and horde mode is better than ever if you’re down with cooperative wave defense. It runs extremely well on PC, they make updates to balance and feature requests, and all DLC maps for competitive multiplayer are free.

Ignore BF1, ignore COD IW, and buy Gears 4.

I should buy Gears of War 4 just so my copy gets revoked. \o/

1 Like

Seems I may have to go up in the loft and find something to sell. Wife will kill me is I just outright buy it :confused:

Sooooooooo much want, must haz this!

2 Likes

ShiftySatchmo Okay i will ignore it :wink:

1 Like

I’ll pick it up when Microsoft fixes their store. Forza was a nightmare to get working because of that junky store. I will be ignoring BF1 and COD IW though.

1 Like

MyLifeForAiur said in Gears of War 4 is....GOOD:

I’ll pick it up when Microsoft fixes their store. Forza was a nightmare to get working because of that junky store. I will be ignoring BF1 and COD IW though.

It hasn’t been too bad in the store so far. They fixed a lot of issues so far.

teh_g My biggest issue was the download just deciding to restart itself. The game was 40GB in size but I had to of downloaded about 140GB worth of useless data thanks to the download restarting. Other than that a resume feature that actually works would be nice because it takes a few days for me to download 40GB. At one point a windows update came and restarted my computer meaning I lost everything again. Plus also just to sound even more picky a download throttle option would be nice. Having the game take up my entire bandwidth sucks.

MyLifeForAiur haha yeah I had to stop uninstall the game and install it again when the first patch came out because it wouldn’t finish downloading it.

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo when you download at 190kBps it’s super annoying.

1 Like

MyLifeForAiur that sounds awful. This is why I still like physical media sometimes. Sure you still have to download a patch, but that’s far less to download than an entire game.

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo Yeah That’s why I buy physical for all my 3ds and Wii U games. PC I’m pretty much all digital. Sad thing is that is the fastest internet speed I can get in my area. I can get faster with internet plans that run off 3G or LTE but the data limits are so low I would go completely broke in 1 month.

1 Like

I don’t wanna create a new thread for Gears of War 2 but…I finished Gears of War 2. Great game…had lots of fun. On to Gears of War 3 wooooohooo

Best campaign of them all mmmmm. Just like Uncharted 2

Haven’t played gow3, 4 or 5. But if I compare the first 2, gow 2 is in any way superior. Uncharted 4 was in my opinion the best Uncharted :man_shrugging:

For me it goes Gears 2, Judgement, 1, 4, 3. Haven’t beaten 5 yet but heard mixed reviews.

Uncharted 4 was incredible too. I put it barely behind 2. 2 just had so many incredible locations…

I haven’t heard a single good thing about Gears Judgement lol

That’s not true because you just did

2 Likes

Where?

Judgement has the best firefights hands down. People complain about it because of story etc. I get all of that. From a pure adrenaline dump with awesome new weapons and crazy firefights that keep your frames on edge, this is the game. Play it and you’ll see, if you care about that stuff. Some people would rather a great story, some want great action. The reason 2 is so good is the best of both worlds.

Gears’ “story” in a nutshell:

1 Like