Gorkie - 2018 Gamer Challenge.

Alright, better late then never.

I have finished
Visual Novel: Sakura Angel, Sakura Agent, Sakura Beach, Sakura Spirit.
Game: Sakura Fantasy Ch 1, Sakura Beach 2, Doki Doki Litterature Club.

I have put them into format on which was more like a game and which was more like a visual novel. The ones like a game had choices you can make, where as the others did not.

10/10 on all except Doki Doki Litterature Club which I have to give a 8/10 because of its morbidity.

Wow, a lot of insurpassable, number 1 favourite of all time in a month :smiley:

1 Like

I know I should be the last to talk as I don’t give a fuck about gamer challenge…but I don’t think visual novels should count for gamer challenge. It’s not a reader/watcher challenge, it’s a gamer challenge… just sayin…

gord0 There are visual novels that are…well, games. I don’t know about Sakura VN if they are actually games but here’s one game that has something game-ish inside the Visual Novel formula --> Danganronpa

katsuo said in Gorkie - 2018 Gamer Challenge.:

gord0 There are visual novels that are…well, games. I don’t know about Sakura VN if they are actually games but here’s one game that has something game-ish inside the Visual Novel formula → Danganronpa

I suppose it depends if they are actual games with lots of reading (not visual novel) or just plain reading/listening (visual novel). There’s also ones that have occasional match 3 or other barely-game content (visual novel pretending to have gameplay). Example of a game mislabeled as a visual novel would be the Neptunia games. They are RPGs. They just happen to have long cut scenes, so fuckwits on steam tag them as visual novels.

I suppose Gorkie will have to be more clear if these are or are not games.

1 Like

gord0 Edited it for that.