GPU's

With the current craziness on prices going on, other then buying a whole pc premade whats the best way to get my hands on a RTX 2060 Super or 2070 Super at a price that wont break a damn bank? I would settle for a GTX 1660 Ti that IS NOT gonna cost me nearly 3-4 times the amount they where going for last year at this point. My RX 580 though good, has issues with some games and freezing… and I need to find something Nvidia cause im tired of these darn Amd cards bad. Looking to get a new card hopefully in April but will NOT be buying another AMD card anytime soon…

Highjack a truck, but only take one card and give the driver msrp + $20 for his time.

2 Likes

I maybe crazy at times, but im not even THAT crazy… lol but good one

Imagine being ridiculous and buying a GPU in 2021.

Should I tag Gordon and Andrew?

Gordo already responded :stuck_out_tongue: Andrew has not yet. And At this point I have no choice but to look for one… these drivers on the amd side are still freaken nuts, and im getting green crap in some videos… tried everything but still happens. Might have to go back to my RX 470 8gb I have in a box to see if it still does it untill I can get a 1070 or 1080 or something that wont kill me… at this rate if I dont find one, I might have to spend more then I want to… cause im sick and tired of the crap drivers I been dealing with and the random green crap showing up in videos from them. Some webpages do it also at times.

I’ll never consider an amd card again so long as they continue to be unable to go toe to toe with nvidia. Both in terms of raw power and in feature set.

I do not blame you, I just wish these prices where not so crap right now!

What do you mean? The prices are just fine.

Right, except every place I look GTX 1660 Ti’s are 600-800 dollars… RTX 2060 Super’s are $800+ and people are scalping the 3060’s and over for three to four times the msrp… its happening even to the AMD 6000 & 5000 Series GPU’s as well… :stuck_out_tongue:

Try fb market place, since it restricts you to a small radius from where you live, no one listing is viewable globally.

Did that, found more scalpers… hell they have ps5’s for 1500 bucks lol

Word around England is the rise in GPU prices has more to do with Scalpers, they are just taking advantage of it. Shipping Containers from China has had a significant price increase which is why a lot of retailer prices have gone up among other things. At the moment, we are looking at around July (Only from what I have heard, nothing concrete) before these prices start to normalise. Then it will likely still be a few weeks before the price changes hit retailers etc… So… Good luck getting a GPU at a decent price for the next few months I’m afraid :confused:

Crypto is going through waves right now too, with actual mining making a bit of a resurgence. I bought a RX 470 that was branded as a “mining” card for 75 bucks back in like 2017 or 18 for a “guest” PC build. I never did mining, I just got it because it was cheap and being clearance’d out. Just sold the thing last month for 400+. It’s a wild, wild world out there right now. Used market is absolutely BONKERS.

Best hope is if you are on EVGA notify list for one of their 3000 series. And then somehow your email needs to land at the front of the line before their April 16th cutoff for honoring original MSRP. Or you can try landing one of the three 329$ 3060 models on a Newegg “shuffle” (rest of the cards are already at “new” MSRPs if they even have them). If those even continue. Basically you gotta win the lottery to get a card by itself.

Yea I joined a couple discords today that have notifies that I know work it was how I scored a friend of mine her ps5 she paid me to get her. Got my self listed for 3060’s and 3070’s and the 3060 Ti watch list and alerts as well and waiting for the newegg shuffle again when I have the cash to enter it.