GTX 1060

GTX 1060 info im seeing could be bad for AMD… if this is true the GTX 1060 will cost 249.99 but have not yet seen the Core Clock/Memory yet to say just how bad it could be.

Yeah, AMD brought the heat and NVIDIA is coming out with guns blazing. Competition is the best.

1 Like

Gorkie I’m hoping to be able to pick one of these up on release to have a direct comparison to the 480. From what I can gather, here in the UK there will still be a bit of difference in price, almost £100 or so after we get screwed over with taxes and such. It also seems these days the founders/reference cards are more expensive which will be the 1060 Founders will be going head to head with 3rd party 480’s. All in all, competition will be great and hopefully, we should see a slight price drop on some more cards once the 1060 is released, maybe such as the 390x etc, but only time will tell!

Either way, I say bring it on, I’m happy with my 480 but if this beats it, well that’s good, drop the 480 price so I can get a 2nd!

1 Like

The only thing is no upgrade path, i.e. no multi GPU. For most that won’t be a factor, but still something to keep in mind.

1 Like

Sgt_T8ie Yeah, that does suck but we will see about that. The recent decline in multi-gpu setups is getting foolish.

1 Like

LetsGetIt1220 I’ve always purchased with the thought of upgrade through multi GPU as opposed to direct generational upgrades. It’s just that the last iteration has brought on huge improvements so that the previous generations don’t stack up well.

1 Like

Yeah, my guess would be that NVIDIA feels they would be shooting themselves in the foot allowing 1060 SLI which would probably offer like for like performance on a 1080 for $50-100 less. That’s my guess anyways which makes sense now, but still sucks lol.

2 Likes

LetsGetIt1220 damn it if no multi GPU support on 1060 series … they will get middle finger from me … I always used SLI and multiple GPUs … But maybe nVidia will change mind latter … when 9XX series will no longer be option on market …

Mark2K77 will probably release it as gtx1060 Ti. With SLi & some boost on clocks. Or GDDR5X memory instead?

1 Like

I hate Nvidia. I don’t know why. I think in reality I should hate EVGA mostly. I definitely dislike some of Nvidia’s practices though.

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo
My current card is an EVGA Nvidia 770SC Please don’t hate me!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Polekatt haha my last Nvidia was a EVGA GTX 460.

2 Likes

Polekatt EVGA = <3 have lots of them currently have 2x GeForce GTX 780 Ti Classified and in daughter PC 2x GeForce GTX 660 Ti … before that was EVGA GTX 460 Ti :slight_smile: I don’t hate AMD just avoid their processors and GPUs from my last ATi AMD GPU 1900 series …

1 Like

1060 has no sli support because nvidia does not want to jeopardize 1070/1080 sales and they still want to earn as much as possible from selling remaining gtx 900 series… plus, gtx 1060 is marketed as budget gpu. If you have over $500 (even more outside of US) then you’ll probably get 1070 or even 1080 over 1060… boy thats a lot of numbers xD

What we have to accept is that only the price is a reaction to the RX480. The design & capability of the card was laid down long before the RX480 was released. It was always going to be have no SLi support and it was aimed at entry level. That means not just discrete buyers but also system builders like Dell, HP, Acer etc. This will be the budget card that those prebuilt base models will ship with. To be honest I think they’ve done a great job to get this card out at a price that puts the squeeze the RX480, but also I think that AMD 's card rustled then a little bit too. Otherwise they wouldn’t have released it so close to the 1070&1080.