Hardware for HTPC

Mark2K77 He already stated that he has a Maven reference from Steiger Dynamics chassis.

Katsuo hmm to have a housing with the adjective HTPC does not make PC HTPC XD … it is only a stupid peace of sheet metal :slight_smile: … So HTPC equals to have a :

• remote controller with capability of turning on / shutdown and shutdown PC, content management your PC. Also you need VFD or LCD display on HTPC chassis (Something similar to SoundGraph
    alt text
  • Second thing is OS which supports multimedia so Windows 7/8.1 with MCE or at least some kind of software which supports or is capable for content management, also OS and software should be capable for DLNA …
    *Third thing is TV Tuner …
  • And on the end CPU with advanced power interface (ACPI) and power management … capable for video streaming, creating and manage digital content …

Rest is just hardware … or good old PC in chassis with adjective HTPC :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mark2K77 As I wrote already the case is already fix for the build, it will be the Steiger Dynamics Maven reference silver case which I will get from Stylianos.
For the OS I will go with Win10 and Kodi as the media center program. Currently I do not plan to make my PC accessible from the outside but if I will do that, I will use the AVM Fritz-VPN.

PeaceLeon said in Hardware for HTPC:

Mark2K77 As I wrote already the case is already fix for the build, it will be the Steiger Dynamics Maven reference silver case which I will get from Stylianos.
For the OS I will go with Win10 and Kodi as the media center program. Currently I do not plan to make my PC accessible from the outside but if I will do that, I will use the AVM Fritz-VPN.

In short that is regular gaming PC not HTPC … so selected hardware is OK more or less …