Hobbies, interests and fun

What I like to do on my rare free time (usually camping so not much time for this).

Almost lost a friend who was filming some of us come up this trail, I am on the machine, and no I missed him but not by much and if he did not fall backwards it would have been different.

Nice! I’m kind of a recluse and have NEVER ridden in an ATV. That being said, fun for me is hitting up a ton of local concerts. Super excited about October as TOOL is headlining an annual music festival here.

3 Likes

I love riding ATVs but I haven’t done it in a long time. I grew up in the country where a decent amount of my friends and family had some. I might have to convince my wife to go up to Yosemite and do one of their ATV trips. That would be fun. The only thing I have other than my car is a Trek road bicycle that I enjoy riding every once in a while. I really need to use it for commuting to work…when I get a job. :stuck_out_tongue:

I am a Amateur “Ham” Radio Operator holding an Amateur Extra Class license, I still try to hunt and fish when the body lets me. I also collect sports cards though I have not been buying much lately as I am trying to finish off my PC and then I will start to buy again. I also collect Sports Cards. Link to rest of set if anybody is interested. http://s227.photobucket.com/user/pysteve1970/library/2004%20SP%20AUTHENTIC%20SIGN%20OF%20THE%20TIMES?sort=6&page=1

3 Likes

I haven’t gone since I started my new job, and now that it is calmer at work, it is too hot to go… BUT, I do reining occasionally.

2 Likes

teh_g I have not rode a horse since 1995, always enjoyed it but my hammer toes made it a little difficult. I still had a good back and could still do things like that then.

Sir_diealot I am dreading the next time I go, my muscles are not used to that anymore. It definitely is wayyyyyyy different than any normal activities. They have some lower impact riding you can do that is fun and relaxing, I would not recommend reining though!

1 Like

The first and only time I went horseback riding was like 13 years ago. We rode in New Mexico at the Continental Divide. Had a ton of fun.

1 Like

tat2teel said in Hobbies, interests and fun:

The first and only time I went horseback riding was like 13 years ago. We rode in New Mexico at the Continental Divide. Had a ton of fun.

Reining is a blast for me. I work at home, so it was a great way for me to get outside, haha.

Riding horses is insane too, the amount of control it requires is nuts. Like the goal with reining is to make it look like you aren’t doing anything. A lot of it is small movements in the legs and some pressure applied there. I am impressed more with the horses and how they know what to do.

Another fun fact about me, I also showed dogs when I was a kid :dog:. It was the worst, not nearly as cool as horses.

Yeah, when the instructor was explaining how to get the horse to stop, go, turn, speed up, etc. I was like, “How does he know to do that?” That was before I was really old enough to think about hundreds of years of domesticating

1 Like

Here are my hobby’s that i really love to do!
Unfortunately my dog passed away May 9th.
I drive my motorcycle every day, mostly because the car (Rover mini cooper) is still being restored to it’s former glory! :slight_smile:
In the time that i made this 4 in 1 picture there has been alot of changes made to the pc (finally have 2 screens now! :smiley: ).
Soo yeah, in short, that’s mostly the things i do by myself.
Most of the time i’m either with friends and family or at home gaming :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Jeroenvh said in [Hobbies, interests and fun

Here are my hobby’s that i really love to do!
Unfortunately my dog passed away May 9th.
I drive my motorcycle every day, mostly because the car (Rover mini cooper) is still being restored to it’s former glory! :slight_smile:
In the time that i made this 4 in 1 picture there has been alot of changes made to the pc (finally have 2 screens now! :smiley: ).
Soo yeah, in short, that’s mostly the things i do by myself.
Most of the time i’m either with friends and family or at home gaming :slight_smile:

A friend of mine is really into those Austin Minis I believe they are called. Other Austin’s as well.

Sir_diealot
Yup! They were from the Britse motor company and called it the Austin mini or moris mini first and Rover bought the company in 1988 they kept building the car until the year 2000, mine is from 1991 :smiley:

Jeroenvh said in Hobbies, interests and fun:

Sir_diealot
Yup! They were from the Britse motor company and called it the Austin mini or moris mini first and Rover bought the company in 1988 they kept building the car until the year 2000, mine is from 1991 :smiley:

I am pretty sure the three he has are 60’s or 70’s but I don’t know a lot about them. He and his father used to race them back in the day.

1 Like

Sir_diealot
Awesome!!
The older they are the more they are worth, i would never sell mine :heart:

1 Like

Jeroenvh said in Hobbies, interests and fun:

Sir_diealot
Awesome!!
The older they are the more they are worth, i would never sell mine :heart:

I am a MOPAR man myself, love them. I am not at all mechanical though, just have great taste :smiley:

1 Like

0_1467162870888_182481_190915237609275_7833054_n.jpg 0_1467163137750_ca-2-ms.jpg

My Hobbies?! :wink:

3 Likes

Sir_diealot said in Hobbies, interests and fun:

I am a MOPAR man myself, love them. I am not at all mechanical though, just have great taste :smiley:

You might like my last car.

alt text

3 Likes

Ub6 Very nice.

i am coocking i am moding i am tuning and i play guitar + more more stuf i have left behind due my work schedule

0_1467181876422_168127_1619301482198_6955584_n.jpg

3 Likes