Huge Intel processor design flaw

mark2k77 to add to my comment the facts … have a fun :slight_smile: and welcome to new world order

CPU kernel access security flaw

And some more facts

1 Like

Another benchmark video

Virtually no changes in results compared to pre patch update:

The impact is more on the business side, as expected. But even then, not what was expected.

I’ve pretty much ignored this topic because my main rig has an AMD cpu. My laptops do have intel, but I don’t care if their performance drops. For me it’s just get the patch and move on.

1 Like

BIOS update done for ME security part of problem :slight_smile: x2

mark2k77 said in Huge Intel processor design flaw:

BIOS update done for ME security part of problem :slight_smile: x2

I thought windows/linux updates could fix it without bios updates?

mark2k77 No MSI update as I can see for my mobo.

buttstallion what model?

1 Like

mark2k77 it appeared after I looked :smiley: The newest was the F version in the morning :smiley: I don’t know why they say they released at the end of the last year, I looked and it was not available yesterday.

1 Like

buttstallion date of revision is date when it was compiled … release date of circulation (or web posting date) is not important thing … so date 27/12/2017 is date when it was compiled not necessarily released (or date 27/12/2017 is internal company wide release date) so when it will be posted for download is not something important

1 Like

gord0 nope you have two different issues here one is Intel ME engine firmware security flaw check here!!
And debate about Kernel / hardware security flaw; which is same but different bullshit. It affect all hardware manufacturers and OS /Software developers … Just some companies and fanboys (from all companies united); have problem with accepting the truth … so people like to think that one or other company have safe hardware / software … The truth is for now yes we are safe!! (not locally but from remote attacks) while problem can be described as “potentially useful to a local attacker” until some curious hardware enthusiast / coder does not make tool which will emulate USB access to hardware resources over internet then this problem will become “useful to a remote attacker” and we are all screwed !! example here with Intel ME Engine (link someone was bored enough; Google stared this shit then some Russian researcher poked and probed the whole thing, until he gained access to ME Micro Kernel, then moron posted everything about, idea was good, but when you post security flaw result will be that company will try to repair security issue, while hackers will gain knowledge how to use this info :slight_smile: … Long story short; every device capable to connect to Internet is affected and not safe any more … and can be used as backdoor to access to your home; private data and so on … regardless how secure your internet connection is or whether you will virtualize your OS and encapsulate it VM and access internet … coz you will find ARM /Intel or AMD cpus in every router / gaming console / wristwatch damn washing machine, fucking fridge maybe even a damn toilet

Done, now let’s move on, nothing more to worry about :smiley: I noticed nothing from this flaw, still maxing out almost every game :face_with_stuck-out_tongue_closed_eyes: Game servers on the other hand are rather instable nowadays, Ubisoft, Battle Royale, news coming every day, maybe because of this fix. Or they updating the servers in rotation and can’t use them 100% all the time for now.

At work we are having BSODs in one of industrial drivers :stuck_out_tongue:

I won’t have time until the weekend to do any of this junk.

1 Like

Anybody here have issues? Not me

shiftysatchmo I had a blue screen not much after I installed the Windows fix, but I have Intel :smiley: But it only happened once so maybe it was because of something else.

1 Like

No issues on my main rig.

1 Like

gord0 wonder if it is on an older chipset

shiftysatchmo said in Huge Intel processor design flaw:

gord0 wonder if it is on an older chipset

I also don’t know if my main rig was even patched for windows to begin with. Ubuntu patched a while ago on main rig and pc laptop with no probs. No idea about my intel nvidia laptop for windows because I’ve been booted into ubuntu since before the holidays. My osx laptop patched a while ago (intel cpu) also with no probs.