Humble Monthly Subscriptions - are they worth it?

Ok, there seems to be a few of you Humble Monthly subscribers here - do you feel you’re getting your money’s worth from it?

For about the 5th month in a row there’s a game being offered that is on my wishlist & it’s making me think that maybe I should join. If you didn’t know they’re advertising Dragon’s Dogma as the premium game next month.

Of course this does mean that shortly they’ll run out of games that will interest me, since it started it looks like I would have been disappointed with 3 of the months.

So please lend me your impressions whether they be poor or favourable.

More than worth it in my opinion. I usually keep one or two games and give the rest away, but even then I end up paying less than if I bought those games on their own, even on sale. Also, I’ve discovered some games that looked lame until I actually tried them and realized they were awesome. Give it a shot for dragon’s dogma! It is the same price for the game by itself on steam right now, so it is a no brainer.

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo Exactly my line of thinking :slight_smile: It actually makes me disappointed I hadn’t joined earlier.

1 Like

OK done it… only on the rolling 1month plan. Figure I can cancel at anytime (like that’ll ever happen).

1 Like

Sgt_T8ie said in Humble Monthly Subscriptions - are they worth it?:

OK done it… only on the rolling 1month plan. Figure I can cancel at anytime (like that’ll ever happen).

That’s what I’ve been saying since it started like a year ago haha

3 Likes

I had one problem with them, they are supposed to take the money from you on the same day every month, well I had mine set for the third of the month and to take it from Paypal as I am disabled and get paid on the third of every month. Well the long and short of it is they wound up taking money on the first on me and because of it cost me a 38.00 fee from my bank and 30 from Paypal so to me they cost me far more in the long run. If not for that then it is kind of touch and go, they have not had games that interest me much to be honest though I wish I could have gotten that popular race car one that they had a few months ago (Not really racing, soccer with cars from what I have seen but it looks fun though I think I would have to use a controller to play it)

1 Like

I was a subscriber for the first few months then they went really heavy on the Early Access Multiplayer games like Rust and Ark and such and I backed out. Then they very smartly started adding a preview game every month. So you at least know one thing you’re getting yourself into. I’ve picked and chosen months since they started that. Never disappointed in what I get for $12USD, always a steal even if I don’t like all the games. The one small thing I will say, and it was bound to happen because there are only so many games out there, is that they’ve started bringing monthly games into regular bundles at a faster rate more recently. And sometimes at the beat the average tier and such. But that’s penny pinching nit picking. I think the ‘preview’ game solved any issues with the concept. If it alone is worth 12bucks to you, there’s no reason not to roll the dice on the rest. You can always cancel any time too.

Very much thinking about it this month for Dragon’s Dogma but dunno if I have the commitment for a game like that at the moment.

2 Likes

schlitty It’s only since they’ve shown the preview game that I’ve been really interested. Rust & Ark, while being intriguing didn’t interest me. But I am gutted I missed out on Rocket League & Stick of Truth.

Overall I feel like I can pick & choose the games from each month & put them up for grabs in GX & directly to friends too. While I appreciate the fact that it’ll open up the path to games I wouldn’t normally look at, I also don’t need any extras loading up my games catalogue.

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo
I agree with you. More than worth and I’m really satisfied with their game selection.

2 Likes

ShiftySatchmo said in Humble Monthly Subscriptions - are they worth it?:

Sgt_T8ie said in Humble Monthly Subscriptions - are they worth it?:

That’s what I’ve been saying since it started like a year ago haha

Me too XD

2 Likes