I have never played a Final Fantasy game but...

Sir_diealot said in I have never played a Final Fantasy game but...:

I am just not good enough to run an emulator, I have tried in the past and I just don’t like to pirate anything. I will look into maybe getting a Playstation next year, I am trying to get my GF out to see her family before she looses any more family members and that is what is most important to me right now, I am even putting off getting a video card so I can do that for her. I do thank you for the suggestions though.

You don’t need to be “good enough”. Just open the rom from the emulator like you would open an mp3 from a media player. If you ever do, snes9x seems to work nice for snes, epsxe for ps1, jnes for nes ( no ff games for nes afaik). I think the site i used to get roms from was coolrom.com or coolroms.com .

1 Like

gord0 FF1 was a NES game but it’s also available on other platforms, including Android, 3DS etc.

1 Like

Katsuo said in I have never played a Final Fantasy game but...:

gord0 FF1 was a NES game but it’s also available on other platforms, including Android, 3DS etc.

I’m fairly sure ff1 was snes.

1 Like

gord0 Wanna bet? :wink:
I’m 172.5% sure that the game was on nes

2 Likes

Katsuo it was definitely Nes. Checkout the nes classic which has it built in.

3 Likes

sYnCroSis said in I have never played a Final Fantasy game but...:

Katsuo it was definitely Nes. Checkout the nes classic which has it built in.

hmm… my brain remembers snes for some reason

2 Likes

gord0 must have been the remaster XD

1 Like

gord0 Has your brain ever engaged in … party fun stuff?

2 Likes

sYnCroSis said in I have never played a Final Fantasy game but...:

gord0 Has your brain ever engaged in … party fun stuff?

You haven’t been around long have you lol XD

3 Likes

gord0 teh_g I would like the ability to double upvote

2 Likes

Thank you all for the suggestions of both game versions and emulators, I guess to be honest I am not very confident when it comes to doing that stuff, right now I am trying to set up Kodi which is a program to let you watch things on TV through your computer and I am completely lost with that. I am just not that good with computer, I a just some meathead that loves to game but in reality is pretty inept.

Sir_diealot You trying to install Kodi only, or Exodus for Kodi, like Netflix on steroids

sYnCroSis I have Kodi downloaded and installed it is the setup I can’t figure out, I found an article but there are so many steps I get lost.

Sir_diealot I’m saying is it for Exodus add on or just Kodi?

sYnCroSis I am not sure how to answer, I have downloaded Kodi from the Windows Store and installed it and now it wants me to set it up and I do not know what I am doing.

Sir_diealot are you trying to stream movies on it from the internet?

1 Like

sYnCroSis Yes and TV I am behind several episodes of many shows. I have no clue what to do after this screen at setup

You need to install exodus. YouTube “Install exodus with Kodi” and you’ll get plenty of step by step videos

sYnCroSis I keep getting this message but am not sure why.

sYnCroSis Got it working, had to do the Indigo install and that installed everything. Thanks for the help.