I have never played a Final Fantasy game but...

gord0 Katsuo
what would the two of you suggest? I don’t have any money to spend to be perfectly honest with you.

Sir_diealot said in I have never played a Final Fantasy game but...:

gord0 Katsuo
what would the two of you suggest? I don’t have any money to spend to be perfectly honest with you.

That’s a hard question to answer… but if you’re looking for free, you could grab one of the SNES/PS1/PS2 games and play them on an emulator. Most of these have been re-released on newer systems, but the originals are still good. Katsuo could probably break down better what type of gameplay is in each game because a lot of the older ones are a blur to my memory. The most recent ones I remember enjoying were the X series and XIII series. X/X2 are on ps2, but for XIII, XIII-2, and XIII Lightning returns you’d have to shell out money (pc/ps3) or pirate (pc).

1 Like

Sir_diealot Pretty much any Final Fantasy game is brutally good. These games are heavily story driven and I’m pretty sure anyone would enjoy playing these games. I’d recommend for you to start from Final Fantasy 7. The main reason is that the game is accessible to everyone and the storyline is easily one of the best in gaming industry ever. Crisis Core was probably THE game that made the game industry strong. That shit was a masterpiece. Hell, it still is! When you finish that one, I would go straight to FF8, then 10, 12, 13 trilogy and 15.
If you are wondering why I told you to start from FF7, well, there is a reason for that. Earlier Final Fantasy games are hard and the combat can be frustrating. It’s a massive grind and even me, who is a hardcore Final Fantasy fan, raged few times because the enemy appearance was just insane. But that doesn’t mean that no one should touch these games. Final Fantasy 3 and 6 are beautiful games. Pixelated yes but the stories are just on point!

As for money…well, at the moment I can’t help you, although I wish I could. If I manage to save up some money, I’ll gladly spend some money and get you a FF game. They are fairly cheap at steam sale (probably 30 bucks all of them combined).

1 Like

Sir_diealot Or as Gordon said, you can pirate them all. Pretty much easier and cheaper way XD

1 Like

Katsuo said in I have never played a Final Fantasy game but...:

Sir_diealot Or as Gordon said, you can pirate them all. Pretty much easier and cheaper way XD

If you have a friend with any of the playstations, chances are they have at least one FF game. Could just borrow it if you wana be super legit.

I am just not good enough to run an emulator, I have tried in the past and I just don’t like to pirate anything. I will look into maybe getting a Playstation next year, I am trying to get my GF out to see her family before she looses any more family members and that is what is most important to me right now, I am even putting off getting a video card so I can do that for her. I do thank you for the suggestions though.

If you decide to run an emulator, try PSXe, it’s not that demanding, it’s for the PlayStation one. Personally I would recommend IX.

1 Like

FF7. End of story

1 Like

Sir_diealot said in I have never played a Final Fantasy game but...:

I am just not good enough to run an emulator, I have tried in the past and I just don’t like to pirate anything. I will look into maybe getting a Playstation next year, I am trying to get my GF out to see her family before she looses any more family members and that is what is most important to me right now, I am even putting off getting a video card so I can do that for her. I do thank you for the suggestions though.

You don’t need to be “good enough”. Just open the rom from the emulator like you would open an mp3 from a media player. If you ever do, snes9x seems to work nice for snes, epsxe for ps1, jnes for nes ( no ff games for nes afaik). I think the site i used to get roms from was coolrom.com or coolroms.com .

1 Like

gord0 FF1 was a NES game but it’s also available on other platforms, including Android, 3DS etc.

1 Like

Katsuo said in I have never played a Final Fantasy game but...:

gord0 FF1 was a NES game but it’s also available on other platforms, including Android, 3DS etc.

I’m fairly sure ff1 was snes.

1 Like

gord0 Wanna bet? :wink:
I’m 172.5% sure that the game was on nes

2 Likes

Katsuo it was definitely Nes. Checkout the nes classic which has it built in.

3 Likes

sYnCroSis said in I have never played a Final Fantasy game but...:

Katsuo it was definitely Nes. Checkout the nes classic which has it built in.

hmm… my brain remembers snes for some reason

2 Likes

gord0 must have been the remaster XD

1 Like

gord0 Has your brain ever engaged in … party fun stuff?

2 Likes

sYnCroSis said in I have never played a Final Fantasy game but...:

gord0 Has your brain ever engaged in … party fun stuff?

You haven’t been around long have you lol XD

3 Likes

gord0 teh_g I would like the ability to double upvote

2 Likes

Thank you all for the suggestions of both game versions and emulators, I guess to be honest I am not very confident when it comes to doing that stuff, right now I am trying to set up Kodi which is a program to let you watch things on TV through your computer and I am completely lost with that. I am just not that good with computer, I a just some meathead that loves to game but in reality is pretty inept.

Sir_diealot You trying to install Kodi only, or Exodus for Kodi, like Netflix on steroids