I took the VR plungeeeeeeeeee

syncrosis has all of you under his thummmmmmB!!! assimilaaaate!!!

1 Like

polekatt said in I took the VR plungeeeeeeeeee:

syncrosis has all of you under his thummmmmmB!!! assimilaaaate!!!

He is the boss of me.

3 Likes

Who shall I seduce next?

2 Likes

syncrosis Obviously anybody you want… I tried my best without being pushy to get one of the two into a Rift… but alas money in pocket has to be spent. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

ub6 Well ShiftySatchmo was able to hands on my Vive so that helped. Maybe if you offered him hands on with your Rift…

syncrosis I was just being silly, I keep forgetting sarcasm and sillyness sometimes are hard to pull off in text. I am glad they got VR, I don’t care which it is. :slight_smile: 98% of all the game out there work for multiple platforms anyhow.

1 Like

ub6 said in I took the VR plungeeeeeeeeee:

syncrosis I was just being silly, I keep forgetting sarcasm and sillyness sometimes are hard to pull off in text. I am glad they got VR, I don’t care which it is. :slight_smile: 98% of all the game out there work for multiple platforms anyhow.

I’m picking up what you’re putting down.

teh_g And that explains why I can never find my gear when I put it down to go pee. Dang you anyhow.

1 Like

Just played a round of Cloudlands VR minigolf, a full 18. The 18th hole was a par 42 and I still bogied the crap out of it. :confused:

ub6 said in I took the VR plungeeeeeeeeee:

Just played a round of Cloudlands VR minigolf, a full 18. The 18th hole was a par 42 and I still bogied the crap out of it. :confused:

The map builder looks amazing.

1 Like

ub6 I was kidding too… bc you live in Canada and all and he couldn’t possibly hands on your Rift etc… xoxoxoxo

syncrosis Well actually, had he used the money he spent on that Vive he could have come up here and tried it, then went home and still had money for the Rift. :stuck_out_tongue:

And I was not taken aback and or did not take any offense or read any slanderous meanings into your post. I know you would just come out and throw a goat at me then let the llama loose after I was distracted by the flying goat to spit on and bite me if you were upset. :wink:

I tried to watch you play Onward tonight… but you never let me. :frowning: I need more practice with reloading. I grabbed and AUG and could not reload the silly thing. Ran out of grenades and pistol ammo, then tried to pistol whip the bad guys. Thats a solid NO GO, just FYI. lol Figured out the Mini 14 and the AUG after watching a video… I’d say sorry but that is just so Canadian and I don’t want to.

2 Likes

ub6 with the deal I got and the software included (which was software I wanted more), it was pretty close to the cost of a rift with an extra sensor. Also, since I’m familiar with the Vive already, I know I like it.

I was like two clicks away from getting a rift when Josh convinced me to get a vive :smiling_face_with_open_mouth_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

ub6 aww man, I didn’t see you trying to watch my game… not sure if you can see that type of alert and allow while wearing headset

Ub6 and I got to play Onward tonight for a brief period and it was a great time.

1 Like

syncrosis Sorry I had to run, my kid gets crankier than normal if I make her walk home in the downpour we are getting.

Anyhow, other than a few issues on my end I think this game has potential for a lot of lols. The issues being falling through maps while at the objective, and my only online death (to date) was because I slung my rifle to grab the tablet and accidentally shot myself. Doh.

Lots of fun, can’t wait for more.

syncrosis I checked the Oculus store after your glowing review… it was on sale cheaper than Steam so I bought it.

2 Likes

ub6 I am thoroughly enjoying that game!

2 Likes

I’m taking the plunge as well. Bought an HTC Vive today. Should show up sometime next week. Anyone who has taken the VR plunge still using there headset? Any must get games?

I’m excited to try it with Project cars since I have a wheel for the game as well. Besides that I’m thinking of picking up Beat Saber and Superhot VR.

4 Likes

I still like to play around with my Acer WMR VR headset. Recently been watching 3D movies on it which isn’t something I thought I’d get into with it at all. Just reinstalled rFactor 2 in anticipation of the Reiza DLC. Can’t wait to drive some Reiza Studios content in VR as they’re my favorite sim company.But I do gotta admit, I haven’t been PLAYING much VR so far in 2019. Just the movies lately like I mentioned. I definitely don’t regret getting VR at all though. It’s fun.

And yeah, Beat Saber is definitely the obvious choice to wail about with. Probably the one “must have” with VR.

Valve’s The Lab is a great way to get your toes wet in VR. Best way to start and familiarize yourself with what VR is gonna offer;

Google Earth is fun in your early days of getting a headset;

Then I think Welcome to Light Fields is one of the cooler “experiences” early on too;

fpsVR is great when you get more into t he gaming side of things and want real time feedback on your performance and bottlenecks;

And then there’s a lot of video players out there, some even with ‘worlds’ and hangouts like BigScreen Beta, but my favorite no frills player so far has been DeoVR;

Have fun!

1 Like