IGN buys Humble Bundle

shiftysatchmo said in IGN buys Humble Bundle:

gord0 I mean, you can just buy individual games on sale from their store too. They have good deals sometimes.

Meh, I only buy off-steam if it’s the only choice I have.

gord0 said in IGN buys Humble Bundle:

But it is not the only choice you have… that’s the whole point I think. :thinking:

ub6 I mean…almost all roads lead to steam, even if you buy the games elsewhere.

ub6 said in IGN buys Humble Bundle:

But it is not the only choice you have… that’s the whole point I think. :thinking:

You misread. Off-steam as in not on steam. Available on steam = I’m not buying elsewhere.

1 Like

gord0 ah like EA

You misread. Off-steam as in not on steam. Available on steam = I’m not buying elsewhere.

I never misread… I just… uh… well I was… ah bite me. :stuck_out_tongue:

gord0 ah like EA

Yes. The only origin games I have are games not available on steam.

1 Like

I never misread… I just… uh… well I was… ah bite me. :stuck_out_tongue:

I coulda worded better but I used a - instead. I was thinking “off-steam” like you would “off-world”.

2 Likes

shiftysatchmo It is true most roads lead to Steam, and I am picky but not exclusive as to which road I take to get there myself. :slight_smile:

shiftysatchmo It is true most roads lead to Steam, and I am picky but not exclusive as to which road I take to get there myself. :slight_smile:

The roads may lead to steam, but good luck with refunds.

1 Like

gord0 truth! Steam’s policy is awesome now for fixing awful mistakes

gord0 truth! Steam’s policy is awesome now for fixing awful mistakes

Maybe 3 clicks and you’re done.

gord0 I don’t worry to much about refunds. If I buy a game and it sucks donkey parts, so be it.

Heck many people returned No Man’s Sky, but I still enjoy it. Granted I have not played in a while, but hey… new games and new time constraints restrict me from playing all games all the time.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not trying to condemn you for your choice… it is your’s after all. I was just stating my platform. :wink:

gord0 I don’t worry to much about refunds. If I buy a game and it sucks donkey parts, so be it.

Heck many people returned No Man’s Sky, but I still enjoy it. Granted I have not played in a while, but hey… new games and new time constraints restrict me from playing all games all the time.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not trying to condemn you for your choice… it is your’s after all. I was just stating my platform. :wink:

The way I see it. I don’t give people money for being garbage. So I get my money back when they give me garbage…actually. Does humble bundle let you return individual games in a bundle? You could just buy the bundle that has the game you like and return all the shit ones that came with it… I doubt they’d let you but it’s what I’d try to do if I ever were to buy there.

"So what do Humble get out of the deal? Money, stability, and exposure, I suppose. "

So does this mean they will stop defaulting such a high amount towards a tip. I mean by default its higher than whats going to charity. It made sense when they first started with Indie Bundles. You could download everything in the bundles DRM free off the site. Nowadays most bundles are steam key only with maybe one game that comes with a DRM free version. So why the hell are you still defaulting to such a high tip amount. Your server usage is a lot lower just giving out keys than it is allowing people to download large files off your site.

2 Likes

That’s what happens when you get big I guess. You get bought. But IGN is a kind of an odd buyer I would’ve never thought of.

I’ve always used and liked Humble Bundle a lot, though I’ve gotten far more picky in the last couple of years as they got big-big and the stream of bundles became endless. I imagine that won’t be slowing down. Press release says it’ll still work independently and no staff changes. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

schlitty said in IGN buys Humble Bundle:

That’s what happens when you get big I guess. You get bought. But IGN is a kind of an odd buyer I would’ve never thought of.

I’ve always used and liked Humble Bundle a lot, though I’ve gotten far more picky in the last couple of years as they got big-big and the stream of bundles became endless. I imagine that won’t be slowing down. Press release says it’ll still work independently and no staff changes. :man_shrugging:

They’re probably diversifying because no one takes their reviews seriously anymore.

3 Likes

gord0 Ensure their multicoloured haired friends with their “Next Great Indie Game” get exposure & sales through a market place that they control, especially in the Humble Monthly? Oh, I definitely don’t see that ever happening…

Meanwhile it closes of another avenue for the indie developers outside of their clique.

I enjoyed Humble Bundle, doubt this will help them in the long run.

sgt_t8ie said in IGN buys Humble Bundle:

gord0 Ensure their multicoloured haired friends with their “Next Great Indie Game” get exposure & sales through a market place that they control, especially in the Humble Monthly? Oh, I definitely don’t see that ever happening…

Meanwhile it closes of another avenue for the indie developers outside of their clique.

I enjoyed Humble Bundle, doubt this will help them in the long run.

Didn’t say it was smart, just a likely reason as to why from a $ standpoint. I don’t care whether either company exists in any form.

1 Like

I like HB. If they continue to support charity and devs, I continue to support them. As simple as it is. :smiley:

2 Likes