IGN buys Humble Bundle

That’s what happens when you get big I guess. You get bought. But IGN is a kind of an odd buyer I would’ve never thought of.

I’ve always used and liked Humble Bundle a lot, though I’ve gotten far more picky in the last couple of years as they got big-big and the stream of bundles became endless. I imagine that won’t be slowing down. Press release says it’ll still work independently and no staff changes. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

schlitty said in IGN buys Humble Bundle:

That’s what happens when you get big I guess. You get bought. But IGN is a kind of an odd buyer I would’ve never thought of.

I’ve always used and liked Humble Bundle a lot, though I’ve gotten far more picky in the last couple of years as they got big-big and the stream of bundles became endless. I imagine that won’t be slowing down. Press release says it’ll still work independently and no staff changes. :man_shrugging:

They’re probably diversifying because no one takes their reviews seriously anymore.

3 Likes

gord0 Ensure their multicoloured haired friends with their “Next Great Indie Game” get exposure & sales through a market place that they control, especially in the Humble Monthly? Oh, I definitely don’t see that ever happening…

Meanwhile it closes of another avenue for the indie developers outside of their clique.

I enjoyed Humble Bundle, doubt this will help them in the long run.

sgt_t8ie said in IGN buys Humble Bundle:

gord0 Ensure their multicoloured haired friends with their “Next Great Indie Game” get exposure & sales through a market place that they control, especially in the Humble Monthly? Oh, I definitely don’t see that ever happening…

Meanwhile it closes of another avenue for the indie developers outside of their clique.

I enjoyed Humble Bundle, doubt this will help them in the long run.

Didn’t say it was smart, just a likely reason as to why from a $ standpoint. I don’t care whether either company exists in any form.

1 Like

I like HB. If they continue to support charity and devs, I continue to support them. As simple as it is. :smiley:

2 Likes