Infinity Ward winning the war against negativity

I honestly believe that they will succeed with this one. I actually want that this game sells well.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-08-24-call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-developers-on-winning-the-war-against-negativity

Same shit every year. Fact is, COD has a big competitive following, something that BF just doesn’t. COD will always sell well and people just use the negative banter to push articles and just to talk shit in general. Sure it’ll do just fine, even being bundles with COD4

LetsGetIt1220 I even think that the base game will sell more than the Deluxe edition with the COD 4 remastered. Hell, I even think that this COD will sell even more than Battlefield 1 or Titanfall 2. It’s just now a trend to hate on a game. Gamers have nowadays become nothing but a bunch of whiners IMO. You saw the death threats when NMS got delayed. You saw the reaction of gamers when FF15 got delayed. The dislikes of COD IW first trailer. I swear, gamers became so freaking ungreatful.

Katsuo Exactly, there is always some little bad mouthed whiner running about in games. It cracks me up though, as no matter what game i play, I normally end up in a lobby with at least 1 person I’ve already muted.

The best are those who talk bad about the game while playing lol, never understood that. “This game sucks, let me play it for 8 hours a aday”

1 Like

LetsGetIt1220 Like the dudes that downrated Black Ops 3 on steam.

“This game sucks bla bla bla”.

has 1800 hours on record

I love these guys hahah

1 Like

Scene opens up with Infinity Ward spokesperson looking forlornly down the camera to address the audience.

“We here at Infinity Ward, have taken on board the recent comments levelled at us, by you, our lovely customer base. We accept that our vision may not have been what our loyal customers were wanting. We’ve read through all of the comments posted on the trailer, and while some were frankly , very hurtful we understand that there is a kernel of truth behind each one. We will do better, I hope that you understand that our vision is to create the greatest games that we can, time and time again. Please trust us and let us show…”

Spokesperson is interrupted by man running through the shot carrying a several over-stuffed black bin liners. He kicks open a door in the back drop to reveal a room full of bank notes with Infinity Ward and Activision employees frolicking through waist deep piles of cash in differing states of debauchery.

New guy is seen emptying more cash from the bags as the door shuts behind him "Another set of pre-orders!’ And a answering number of calls “WOOO-WOOO!” “More hookers & blow!” etc. etc.

Spokesperson “Dammit… Cut! Roll again from the top”

Fade to black.

1 Like

Sgt_T8ie Hahah why do I want to see a movie of that :smile_cat:

Fun fact: Treyarch and Activision earned $550 million 3 days after launch of Black Ops 3. And few days ago, there has been an article (which I posted somewhere here on GX) saying that these 2 fellas earned more than $1 billion from Call of Duty: Black Ops 3.

And what’s more funny, I’m reading these little #RIPCOD comments on Battlefield 1 stream. Yeah, Call of Duty might die. After the Call of Duty devs IW and Trecyarch both drown in a big pile of dollar bills so they can’t make a new game.

1 Like

Katsuo Yeah - my skit isn’t poking fun at IW; more that I’m sure they already know that whatever they produce will be successful. It has the CoD name on it & will have a MASSIVE marketing/PR budget. If the games sell, then they’ve done their job; they can make whatever choices they want. Look at Michael Bay films - everyone surely admits that they are not the epitome of movie making; but what he does is epic action cinematography wrapped in the tiniest veneer of a movie, he’s happy doing what he does & won’t change a thing, regardless of the number of beloved childhood IP’s that he’s butchering. Success is measured in money…

Consider that the market is so big both games can be successful blockbusters… we don’t need to choose one or the other. Me, personally I’m choosing neither.

1 Like

Sgt_T8ie That’s probably because you are currently blinded by Lara’s beauty. The time will come when you choose to open up your wallet and buy the new Call of Duty. “Neither” is not an option here :stuck_out_tongue:
I know I’ll buy both Black Ops 3 and Infinite Warfare, well, when I stop spending money on my car like an idiot, that is. These games are good even if you aren’t a fan of shooters. Hell, only Zombies are worth spending time and money on.

1 Like

Katsuo said in Infinity Ward winning the war against negativity:

Sgt_T8ie That’s probably because you are currently blinded by Lara’s beauty. The time will come when you choose to open up your wallet and buy the new Call of Duty. “Neither” is not an option here :stuck_out_tongue:
I know I’ll buy both Black Ops 3 and Infinite Warfare, well, when I stop spending money on my car like an idiot, that is. These games are good even if you aren’t a fan of shooters. Hell, only Zombies are worth spending time and money on.

Hahaha - there’s far worse things to be blinded by. Consider the options Lara or a badly thrown self-flashbang?

The last CoD I liked was the original MW - I’d consider Infinite Warfare for the reboot alone if it wasn’t for how awful the sequel was. Ruined it for me, I don’t even know how the story ended as I didn’t bother with the 3rd game. Unfortunately being at the arse-end of the world my internet connection is awful so MP is still out for me. I can handle loosing due to lack of skill, but lag is a real killer and causes too much rage in me.

Katsuo Anyway now that Witcher 3 supports Ansell screenshots I’ve reloaded that at home ready for me to play it properly! Beware screenshot dumps will be in coming!

Sgt_T8ie

All three Modern Warfare games were awesome to me. The second might be one of the best COD games for me. Although, I haven’t played much COD in the past. But hey, if you ever get a copy of Infinite Warfare and you don’t want it for some weird reason, feel free to send it to me and you can have that remaster thingy as I don’t care about that one haha. Just kiddin’

And umm, you don’t need skill in COD multiplayer. Basically if you hit anything 1 mile near the enemy, the game will automatically register it as a kill. That’s how skill based that game is. I’m pretty sure you have a better internet than me and I’m playing BLOPS3 multiplayer just fine. But, try not to play multiplayer. My advice. Multiplayer is literally garbage. Not because the gameplay is bad. It’s because the players are more toxic than whatever the most toxic thing is in the universe.

I have 238 normal AMD screenshots saved up in Steam cloud as I’m currently playing The Witcher 3 haha. Try not to post screenshots from the DLCs or else I’ll hate you. xD

1 Like

Katsuo I don’t have any of the W3 DLC either… they might be my b’day presents to myself - I want the physical copies with the included Gwent decks.

Yeah - the hit detection in CoD MP sucked - red dot on enemy pixel on the other end of the map = insta kill! Never for me but always on my kill cam replays.

Maybe if they release a BlOps package I’ll look into it.

Sgt_T8ie TW3 and the DLCs are on sale now on Steam. Just sayin’. Your bday better be now xD

1 Like

Katsuo said in Infinity Ward winning the war against negativity:

Sgt_T8ie TW3 and the DLCs are on sale now on Steam. Just sayin’. Your bday better be now xD

I have it on GoG - support for CDPR. Like I said, when I saw the special edition DLCs with the physical Gwent decks I knew I had to have them.

Sgt_T8ie Probably the sale is there too. I think PeaceLeon has that stuff you’re talking about. He might give you some info where to get Gwent cards for a reasonable price.

1 Like

Katsuo STOP tempting me! hahahaha!

I should really complete the main game first.

Sgt_T8ie But I really want you to spend some money :gem:

I’m off to do that right now. 2:24 AM. No sleep. I wish Ciri wasn’t such an idiot. Why can’t she just write a freaking message or wait for Geralt instead of running like an idiot so I have to search for her for 200 hours of gameplay time. Women.

1 Like