Katsuo race me.

shiftysatchmo said in Katsuo race me.:

souls

blood vials*

katsuo those are a dime a dozen

Katsuo ShiftySatchmo I think I might have missed cleric beast. I’ve run into one boss it was another hunter in a graveyard. Got my ass kicked so I’m trying different paths. I’m 100% going to lose this race because I didn’t realize Bloodborne was going to be so Dark souls 1 in its level design. Multiple paths that lead back to areas I’ve been to already. I’m enjoying it a lot though. I think I’m going to go through the game without looking anything up. It made Dark souls super enjoyable and frustratingly hard so may as well go through that hell again.

mylifeforaiur that’s surprising. Yeah…on your first play you don’t want to skip the tutorial boss. The first real boss that you ran into is actually one of the hardest in the game haha. Find the cleric beast so you can level uppp

shiftysatchmo The hardest boss in the game is the first friggin set of werewolves you meet 30 seconds into the game hahaha

2 Likes

syncrosis that’s right before the beast! That’s why I’m surprised he missed it. I was happy on my second play when I killed the first wolf with my bare hands and got the first lamp. Backstab FTW!

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo Alright so I killed the cleric beast. I know exactly what sYnCroSis is talking about because that’s why I missed him in the first place. I got wrecked by those two then decided to take that semi hidden path into the sewers. Long story short I found another way onto that bridge but just after those two werewolves.

I went and fought father whatever his name is again. I got him to 25% health left and he went werewolf on my ass and I died instantly.

mylifeforaiur He’s harder for me in human form than in werewolf form lol

mylifeforaiur it was fun to see them throw one of the hardest bosses in the game at you so early on…

1 Like

katsuo said in Katsuo race me.:

mylifeforaiur He’s harder for me in human form than in werewolf form lol

I’m not going to lie I cheesed him super hard. I would put gravestones between us then get close to him so he would attack me but hit the gravestones instead. After the combo I would dodge towards him attack once really quick then dodge away. Rinse and repeat only taking damage from his bloody gun. Sadly he went werewolf leaped into the air and landed on me. I died right after that so I still have no idea how to fight him in that form lol.

mylifeforaiur haha go back and kill those later. Father G you aren’t cheesing because that’s why those gravestones are there. The beast mode is meant to be a lesson in riposte (hint hint). He is definitely tough, but he makes it so you can kill lots of enemies later with a little less trouble.

1 Like

mylifeforaiur There is a way to kill him pretty damn easy (not riposte) but I’m not going to tell you XD
If you are bad at riposte, try side-stepping a lot and hit him only once after he attacks you.

ALSO, there is one other way for you to kill him really easy. That other way is doing the “git gud” attack.

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo Katsuo Wait I know you can riposte with a backstab attack by holding R2 behind someone who doesn’t know your there (took a while to figure that out), but are you saying I can parry and riposte in this game? I really hope so I’ve literally been playing dark souls in Anor Londo doing nothing but that.

1 Like

mylifeforaiur you didn’t read the notes in the hunters dream obviously haha. Your gun parries if you time it right. That’s the main function of the gun :wink:

1 Like

katsuo are you talking about the cheat item that I guess isn’t really a cheat item because it’s in the game? I feel like that item makes it harder if you have trouble with the beast mode haha.

shiftysatchmo Yeah haha. It can cancel Father’s transformation for at least 5 more hits if you keep spamming the item. Also, if you use it while he’s in the beast form, you have to be really far away from him because the animation while you use the item is loooooooooooong as hell. But overall it makes the fight easier and shorter IMO.

shiftysatchmo I did not know that. Game should be a bit easier with that knowledge. Thanks for the tip.

mylifeforaiur I highly recommend not going for that item. There will be bosses that are quite stronger than Father Gascoigne. Let Father Gascoigne prepare you for these fights.

mylifeforaiur But using the gun the proper way will make your life in BB much easier. Which gun did you pick up? Blunderbuss or the hunters pistol?

katsuo I was able to kill father G. once I knew I could use the pistol as a parry of sorts. Was still pretty tricky. I chose the hunters pistol.