Kingdom Come: Deliverance (13 hour thoughts)

artem From all I have watched on videos on this (I have watched all in English since the Kickstarter) is there are a lot more fast movement, parrying, dodging and the way swordplay is, I think that because of that you would not have time to react to blows and to counter in third person.

The only thing I can compare it to is racing games, if I try to race from behind the car which I consider third person I am horrible at it, but if I race from in the car it gives me more time to react because I can see things coming faster and react better to them. I still suck at that but at least I suck at them with finesse.

2 Likes

I can vouch that the game is pretty damn amazing. Picked it up a couple days ago and really getting into it. Combat is taking getting used to but loving the story and definitely the scenery. Beautiful game :smiley:

3 Likes

Some day I’ll pick it up. I want to beat a few games first, then I can get it on sale and all will be well in the universe.

1 Like

I’ll keep this on my list for now, but babysitting meters and needing to find a bed to save sounds annoying as fuck. I’ll give it two hours to not be shit…provided new info is not brought to light that causes me to remove it from my list before I try to play it.

1 Like

I’ve heard there’s a save anywhere mod, plus a bunch of other mods to make the game less shit. Hopefully all the jank is patched out before it gets to the top of my list.

1 Like

My friend was saying it crashes a ton for him.

teh_g said in Kingdom Come: Deliverance (13 hour thoughts):

My friend was saying it crashes a ton for him.

Will probably be like that for a while. Glad I have about a years worth of titles to go through before I get to it.

teh_g I’ve yet to have a single crash. I get random temp locks, which drive me nuts, but it’s not terrible. Also gord0, mods are very nice to iron out some of the issues, like saving and archery crosshair.

tat2teel said in Kingdom Come: Deliverance (13 hour thoughts):

teh_g I’ve yet to have a single crash. I get random temp locks, which drive me nuts, but it’s not terrible. Also gord0, mods are very nice to iron out some of the issues, like saving and archery crosshair.

That’s the worst bit. There’s no common issues, just random jank on random hardware. If it were the same issue on the same hardware, it would be easy to fix.

I have had zero lock ups and zero crashes, as for saving, I just run into a house upstairs not seen and “borrow” a bed to sleep to save quick. And with fast travel it really isn’t much of an inconvenience.

2 Likes

Performance is shit, killing my 1070. Using high preset at 1080p, but the fps drops are so massive, sometimes taking seconds to continue. Or just simply freezes out, already happened several times. Or the quest is just bugged. Or the messy horse riding. Or the awkward camera positions during conversations. And even after all of that I want to continue playing it, this is maybe the only existing game where the hungarians are the bad guys and it is wierd hearing those lines and understanding it when everybody else speaks english :smiley:

The game is out since February 2018 and the game version is 1.9, but it feels like a well made Bethesda game. After you spend half a day searching for tweaks and file modifications, a dozen mods it is nice to play.

so is it playable on a 1070?

Not sure, because one of your posts sounds like it is pretty bad, the other seems to say its nice to play.

Playable. If you manage to fix the stutters and freezes (by yourself because the devs could not do it in a year) , it is running 60+ fps on high. Not what I expected with this videocard but I blame the engine optimazition. Other bugs you need to fix for yourself as well. Looks like new dlc development is more important than actual gamebreaking bug fixes.

Damn right you are

1 Like

Are you running the game with HD texture pack or without?

Tried with both, no fps impact only vram hungry and the stutters remain even without it. Tried it on low, medium and high, the max and min fps is not the issue, it is the constant drops and freezes.

I’ll try it out on my PC after I come back from work. Kinda weird that the game stutters on a good system.

1 Like

Even without hd textures, medium preset, vsync on and still drops to mid 20s every ten seconds. Annoying as hell.

I played like that most of my life and thats very playable. Xd