Latest AMD drivers

gord0 said in Latest AMD drivers:

There’s a new driver but the link to release notes is broken. When they fix it, I’ll update.

I wonder if they will ever fix my Netflix issues :frowning:

2 Likes

teh_g Nope where not allowed to fix your issues :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

They finally fixed it. 17.11.4 includes fixes/optimizations for Oculus Dash beta, Doom VFR, Star Wars GambleFront II, and a few other bits n bobs. See release notes ^

1 Like

gord0 I wonder if it fixed Netflix

shiftysatchmo said in Latest AMD drivers:

gord0 I wonder if it fixed Netflix

Was netflix ever really an issue or a joke I don’t know the reference to? My couch driver has a 980m so I haven’t watched netflix on amd hardware in a long ass time.

gord0 me and teh_g have a stuttering issue on Netflix that comes and goes every few updates.

gord0 me and teh_g have a stuttering issue on Netflix that comes and goes every few updates.

In that case I recommend rolling back to last known good driver when that happens. Also test in both chrome and ff. Could also try turning of 3d acceleration in browser.

Another thing I do, is always run linux unless you need windows to do the thing you need to do. The current MESA driver (currently best linux driver for amd cards at the time of typing this) doesn’t seem to have the issue.

In that case I recommend rolling back to last known good driver when that happens. Also test in both chrome and ff. Could also try turning of 3d acceleration in browser.

Another thing I do, is always run linux unless you need windows to do the thing you need to do. The current MESA driver (currently best linux driver for amd cards at the time of typing this) doesn’t seem to have the issue.

I basically stopped watching Netflix because of it. It is terrible. See here: Sign In to AMD Community - AMD Community

Another thing to try, is the new firefox they have available. I have not had any issues with youtube or Netflix with it. The older FF I was running into those issues, also, if updating, make sure to either do a clean install of the drivers or use DDU to remove the old driver before installing the new. Ran into several issues not clean installing the updates. Was fine after.

only0neknight said in Latest AMD drivers:

Another thing to try, is the new firefox they have available. I have not had any issues with youtube or Netflix with it. The older FF I was running into those issues, also, if updating, make sure to either do a clean install of the drivers or use DDU to remove the old driver before installing the new. Ran into several issues not clean installing the updates. Was fine after.

Tried a fresh install of Windows, different browsers, even the Netflix app.

teh_g Tried going between hardlined and wireless?

Btw in some cases, OC’s have been messing with stability with videos and some gaming. Maybe something to mess around with to see.

It isn’t really the playback, so much as making my system stutter. It isn’t bandwidth related.

The internet connection is independant of the video card problem.

teh_g said in Latest AMD drivers:

Tried a fresh install of Windows, different browsers, even the Netflix app.

When did you try firefox? Before or after Quantum?

gord0 After. I use it now.

Dunno then. You could try this driver…or roll back to the newest that works.

teh_g Do you have Asus GPU Tweak 2 installed and enabled?

Dunno then. You could try this driver…or roll back to the newest that works.

I actually emailed AMD and they want me to try a driver from before the FCU on Windows. I may give that a go before I head to PSX.

zmajuga said in Latest AMD drivers:

teh_g Do you have Asus GPU Tweak 2 installed and enabled?

Nope, I don’t have any overclocking or tweaking tools. I am a vanilla guy.

teh_g The problem is that you have ASUS stuff in your PC.