Latest AMD drivers

Sorta like how game stores now call “used” games “recycled” games. It just sounds nicer, but means the same.

1 Like

gord0 Yeah - I just thought the Beta’s still existed & the they changed the name of hotfix, because you “fix” something that is broken :slight_smile: hotfixes used to be game dependent, so you could choose not to implement? Or am I remembering incorrectly?

Sgt_T8ie said in Latest AMD drivers:

gord0 Yeah - I just thought the Beta’s still existed & the they changed the name of hotfix, because you “fix” something that is broken :slight_smile: hotfixes used to be game dependent, so you could choose not to implement? Or am I remembering incorrectly?

At one point they had both “betas” and “hotfixes”, then they stopped using the term “beta”. Either way in any piece of software something is always “broken”, and all updates are “fixes”. Either way they’re both betas as they won’t call them “official”.

1 Like

You’ll also notice when then newest driver is “official”, they don’t list a “beta/hotfix/optional” on their page.

1 Like

What’s the program called to remove old drivers? I know I have it on my computer but don’t recall the name of it. Thank you and downloading now.

Sir_diealot said in Latest AMD drivers:

What’s the program called to remove old drivers? I know I have it on my computer but don’t recall the name of it. Thank you and downloading now.

DDU = Display Driver Uninstaller. I get mine via Guru3D

1 Like

Display Driver Uninstaller

That’s it, thanks.

1 Like

I noticed the AMD installer now has a “clean install” option. I haven’t tried it, but it might do the trick as well.

2 Likes

New one! Fixes for Conan Exiles Beta, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands Beta, Diablo III, FIFA 17, Watch_Dogs 2, Paragon, and Forza Horizon 3. Also a handful of other general fixes. See release notes ^

2 Likes

Latest has improvements for For Honor, Sniper Elite 4, CSGO, DayZ, Civ VI, and GRID Autosport. See release notes for more info ^

2 Likes

gord0 Thanks for letting us know!

1 Like

I’m also now going to start putting two links, one for beta and one for official. AMD has started declaring old betas as new officials, so this way we’ll also be able to track the official in addition to beta.

1 Like

Would also be nice to have a button to goto first post, the thread is large enough now that it takes multiple loads to get back to the top for the release notes links.

gord0 I have mine set up to page the threads every X posts. Then I can just click the go to first page arrow. Give it a shot!

1 Like

gord0 said in Latest AMD drivers:

Would also be nice to have a button to goto first post, the thread is large enough now that it takes multiple loads to get back to the top for the release notes links.

You should be able to hit the double up arrow on the top of the page. It brings you to the top

teh_g said in Latest AMD drivers:

gord0 said in Latest AMD drivers:

You should be able to hit the double up arrow on the top of the page. It brings you to the top

Ah thx, didn’t notice that : ]

3 Likes

gord0 you’re not the only one…

2 Likes

Sgt_T8ie Someone is sooooooo old. Ah, it’s so nice to be young. You notice stuff immediately! :grin:

2 Likes

Katsuo said in Latest AMD drivers:

Sgt_T8ie Someone is sooooooo old. Ah, it’s so nice to be young. You notice stuff immediately! :grin:

I may be old but I’m also stupid.

hang on :confused:

1 Like

gord0 you’re not the only one…

Don’t forget the down arrow

1 Like