Latest AMD drivers

Would also be nice to have a button to goto first post, the thread is large enough now that it takes multiple loads to get back to the top for the release notes links.

gord0 I have mine set up to page the threads every X posts. Then I can just click the go to first page arrow. Give it a shot!

1 Like

gord0 said in Latest AMD drivers:

Would also be nice to have a button to goto first post, the thread is large enough now that it takes multiple loads to get back to the top for the release notes links.

You should be able to hit the double up arrow on the top of the page. It brings you to the top

teh_g said in Latest AMD drivers:

gord0 said in Latest AMD drivers:

You should be able to hit the double up arrow on the top of the page. It brings you to the top

Ah thx, didn’t notice that : ]

3 Likes

gord0 you’re not the only one…

2 Likes

Sgt_T8ie Someone is sooooooo old. Ah, it’s so nice to be young. You notice stuff immediately! :grin:

2 Likes

Katsuo said in Latest AMD drivers:

Sgt_T8ie Someone is sooooooo old. Ah, it’s so nice to be young. You notice stuff immediately! :grin:

I may be old but I’m also stupid.

hang on :confused:

1 Like

Sgt_T8ie said in Latest AMD drivers:

gord0 you’re not the only one…

Don’t forget the down arrow

1 Like

March drivers are here, see release notes ^

gord0 Am I the only one who has the problems with Crimson Live drivers? I can’t overclock my R9 390X with any utility except overdrive. When I apply new settings in TRIXX v5 it does nothing, in v6 my display is flickering.

Artem_Zmitrovich said in Latest AMD drivers:

gord0 Am I the only one who has the problems with Crimson Live drivers? I can’t overclock my R9 390X with any utility except overdrive. When I apply new settings in TRIXX v5 it does nothing, in v6 my display is flickering.

I don’t have issues, but I don’t try doing any overclocking. Does WattMan work in the drivers for making those changes?

The only similar thing I see in the release notes is:

Adjusting Radeon WattMan settings on some Radeon R9 380 series products may cause display flickering or application hangs.

teh_g said in Latest AMD drivers:

I don’t have issues, but I don’t try doing any overclocking. Does WattMan work in the drivers for making those changes?

The only similar thing I see in the release notes is:

Adjusting Radeon WattMan settings on some Radeon R9 380 series products may cause display flickering or application hangs.

Just to add that the wattman quote was from the resolved issues portion of the release notes.

1 Like

I don’t bother overclocking so I wouldn’t know. When I get to the point where I’d like to overclock, I buy a new card.

1 Like

gord0 I’m happy with my R9 390X, just need some extra for The Wither 3. Wattman works fine, but there is no custom profiles for fans, so I use TRIXX for that.

1 Like

Installed this morning.

Installed last night, and I love my RX 470 8gb Gaming X… if anything ill upgrade to a 480 8gb at some point… maybe soon will see lol. Anyhow I can never figure out how to use WattMan I use Afterburner but cant seem to get my Gaming X to overclock and stay stable everytime I think I have it something goes wrong.

Gorkie said in Latest AMD drivers:

Installed last night, and I love my RX 470 8gb Gaming X… if anything ill upgrade to a 480 8gb at some point… maybe soon will see lol. Anyhow I can never figure out how to use WattMan I use Afterburner but cant seem to get my Gaming X to overclock and stay stable everytime I think I have it something goes wrong.

Probably not worth going from a 470 to a 480, I’d wait for the 5xx to come out.

3 Likes

teh_g ^agreed^. RX 480 upgrade/re-release incoming.

Sgt_T8ie said in Latest AMD drivers:

teh_g ^agreed^. RX 480 upgrade/re-release incoming.

Wonder why there hasn’t been a 490/490x…

gord0 I guess because Vega is the next release & was expected to move into the RX 490 tier. So the refining of the 480 -> the 580 & the 470 -> 570 would make the AMD range look strange & cause the internet to loose it’s marbles if the hierarchy became 570, 580, 490. So better to skip the 490 & release it as a 590. Just my guess.

I thought there was talk of a dual RX480 to be released as the 485 or 495 or something, but I guess that didn’t happen.

1 Like