Latest AMD drivers

Artem_Zmitrovich said in Latest AMD drivers:

gord0 Am I the only one who has the problems with Crimson Live drivers? I can’t overclock my R9 390X with any utility except overdrive. When I apply new settings in TRIXX v5 it does nothing, in v6 my display is flickering.

I don’t have issues, but I don’t try doing any overclocking. Does WattMan work in the drivers for making those changes?

The only similar thing I see in the release notes is:

Adjusting Radeon WattMan settings on some Radeon R9 380 series products may cause display flickering or application hangs.

teh_g said in Latest AMD drivers:

gord0 Am I the only one who has the problems with Crimson Live drivers? I can’t overclock my R9 390X with any utility except overdrive. When I apply new settings in TRIXX v5 it does nothing, in v6 my display is flickering.

I don’t have issues, but I don’t try doing any overclocking. Does WattMan work in the drivers for making those changes?

The only similar thing I see in the release notes is:

Adjusting Radeon WattMan settings on some Radeon R9 380 series products may cause display flickering or application hangs.

Just to add that the wattman quote was from the resolved issues portion of the release notes.

1 Like

I don’t bother overclocking so I wouldn’t know. When I get to the point where I’d like to overclock, I buy a new card.

1 Like

gord0 I’m happy with my R9 390X, just need some extra for The Wither 3. Wattman works fine, but there is no custom profiles for fans, so I use TRIXX for that.

1 Like

Installed this morning.

Installed last night, and I love my RX 470 8gb Gaming X… if anything ill upgrade to a 480 8gb at some point… maybe soon will see lol. Anyhow I can never figure out how to use WattMan I use Afterburner but cant seem to get my Gaming X to overclock and stay stable everytime I think I have it something goes wrong.

Gorkie said in Latest AMD drivers:

Installed last night, and I love my RX 470 8gb Gaming X… if anything ill upgrade to a 480 8gb at some point… maybe soon will see lol. Anyhow I can never figure out how to use WattMan I use Afterburner but cant seem to get my Gaming X to overclock and stay stable everytime I think I have it something goes wrong.

Probably not worth going from a 470 to a 480, I’d wait for the 5xx to come out.

3 Likes

teh_g ^agreed^. RX 480 upgrade/re-release incoming.

Sgt_T8ie said in Latest AMD drivers:

teh_g ^agreed^. RX 480 upgrade/re-release incoming.

Wonder why there hasn’t been a 490/490x…

gord0 I guess because Vega is the next release & was expected to move into the RX 490 tier. So the refining of the 480 -> the 580 & the 470 -> 570 would make the AMD range look strange & cause the internet to loose it’s marbles if the hierarchy became 570, 580, 490. So better to skip the 490 & release it as a 590. Just my guess.

I thought there was talk of a dual RX480 to be released as the 485 or 495 or something, but I guess that didn’t happen.

1 Like

And your ME Andromeda drivers are here! ^

gord0 said in Latest AMD drivers:

And your ME Andromeda drivers are here! ^

Go go AMD drivers!

ME Andromeda Crossfire profile added and texture flicker fix ^

Note you may still need to add the following command line in origin: -RenderDevice.AmdCrossfireEnable 1

1 Like

Another new one, a mixture of different features and fixes! ^

3 Likes

Compatibility for Windows10 Creator’s Updates, a BF1 fix, and other stuff listed in release notes ^

New official drivers out, nothing new but compatibility for the RX 5xx series and possibly more compatibility with the Windows Creator updates. See release notes for known issues ^

my Radeon Settings still shows version 17.4.2 so they probably just rushed in the 5xx support and did nothing else, including remembering to up the version number in the build.

2 Likes

New drivers! This one has Warhammer 40k Dawn of War performance improvements and fixes for BF1 and ME Andromeda. Bunch of other random things too, see release notes ^

gord0 Does it fix my bank account? it’s leaking

1 Like

Katsuo said in Latest AMD drivers:

gord0 Does it fix my bank account? it’s leaking

Maybe… lol. I only skimmed over the release notes long enough to find out if it has improvements for the game I’m playing, the engine it runs on, or the operating system version I have…so ‘no’ being the answer to all of that, I didn’t download it.

1 Like